T6 Nagus Marauder Giveaway
(07-21-2016, 08:22 AM)Rev Wrote: I'll see your Nagus and raise you...

Oh my! I want that ship SO bad! I'd pay actual real money for one of those, imagine having our liberated Borg Captains joining a new faction - The Cooperative!

Striving to put right what once went wrong! Wait, wrong show. But you know what I mean... maybe trying to help re-build civilizations affected by the Borg whilst finding a place for themselves in the Galaxy. Forming alliances with the Feds/KDF/Rom, finding a new home world, using the best of Borg technology and team work.

Well, anyway. Not likely to happen. And I think they should probably fix stuff in the current game before adding any new factions. I love the idea though Rev!

MGE.

(07-21-2016, 06:44 PM)Mikegolfecho Wrote: Oh my! I want that ship SO bad! I'd pay actual real money for one of those, imagine having our liberated Borg Captains joining a new faction - The Cooperative!

Striving to put right what once went wrong! Wait, wrong show. But you know what I mean... maybe trying to help re-build civilizations affected by the Borg whilst finding a place for themselves in the Galaxy. Forming alliances with the Feds/KDF/Rom, finding a new home world, using the best of Borg technology and team work.

Well, anyway. Not likely to happen. And I think they should probably fix stuff in the current game before adding any new factions. I love the idea though Rev!

MGE.
Nah I don't want a Borg faction, and especially not a playable Borg/Cooperative ship.  I like the fact you can fly an "enemy" starship, such as a Vonph Dreadnought or a Tholian Tarantula, but it'd be going off the deep end to be able to fly a Borg Cube around ESD...
And i am sure the borg ship would be a pain to pilot.
(07-21-2016, 04:53 PM)Rev Wrote:  Still, it does make me wonder what one would look like if the player hit "Rock & Roll"...

Take two Borg cubes. Number the sides in 2km-high numerals. Hit Rock&Roll.

Biggest game of craps in the galaxy.
(07-22-2016, 02:00 AM)Sidorna Wrote: Take two Borg cubes. Number the sides in 2km-high numerals. Hit Rock&Roll.

Biggest game of craps in the galaxy.

Something like this, but bigger?  Tongue Cool

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Update: A representative for PWE issued the following statement to Massively OP in regard to these ships: “The gold-plated T6 Ferengi ship was sent out to a select group of players as part of an e-mail specific promotion. Unfortunately we aren’t able to reveal any additional information, as it goes against our policy to protect the privacy of our community members.”[/i]
(07-22-2016, 04:31 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: Update: A representative for PWE issued the following statement to Massively OP in regard to these ships: “The gold-plated T6 Ferengi ship was sent out to a select group of players as part of an e-mail specific promotion. Unfortunately we aren’t able to reveal any additional information, as it goes against our policy to protect the privacy of our community members.”[/i]
A very...ahem...cryptic response. 

I would speculate by the wording of PWE's statement that money-spent was involved in the decision making, but apparently wasn't the deciding factor, as many people claimed to have spent thousands in 2016 yet received no email.  Also, it looks like Laughing Trendy is getting some personal attacks over this...even though she wasn't even involved in the email or the creation of the promotion in general.  I really, really hope people aren't going to start harassing players who obtained the gold-plated Nagus. Unfortunately, I've learned not to underestimate the cruelty of entitled players who don't get what they want.  Sad

/end rant
(07-22-2016, 07:44 PM)Nyxadrill1962 Wrote: OK So now we can discount the "money spent" mechanic, as it appears I qualified.

I only logged in to do fleet duties and snag that free uniform, imagine my surprise at finding the T6 Nagus in the promotions tab as well!

I've had no emails, nothing. Yet there it is. I haven't spent a bean on STO for ages now, and when I did it was small amounts.

So I have no idea what the criteria were, except to guess that some Lifers were included. If you are a LTS go check the promotions tab, just in case.
Congrats on your T6 Nagus!  You'll have to follow-up with us in the future to let us know how it pilots. Wink
I bet you'd trade it for a Cooperative Intel Cube if it was available, though. Cool

EDIT: A fair amount of people on Reddit are now finding the Nagus in their Promotions tab.  Whether or not this was damage control by PWE/Cryptic is up to debate.  Some of these people were not LTS and claimed to not have spent little on Zen in the last few months.  This would seem to confirm that A) LTS wasn't a deciding factor and B) we can now dispel the myth that you had to spend $1,000 in order to claim it. 
I think at this point we can reasonably infer that randomization was a factor, as groups of people from just about every sub-group (LTS, non-LTS, etc.) have received the Nagus and other players with similar if not identical conditions did not receive one.  The attitude of the community seems to range from piqued curiosity to full-on rage mode, so I'm pretty sure Nagusgate isn't going away for quite some time...
I got the ship in my promotions tab but didn't receive any communication in-game or via ARC or email.

Oh well, I guess having bought the LTS and spend roughly 3,000 Euros didn't qualify or the RNGs were simply displeased with me. Congrats for getting getting the fyling GPL bar.