Particle Manipulator
Hey guys just a quick question. Space Trait - particle manipulator is improving criticals for exotic damage. Is plasma damage from Romulan plasma wepons - I mean DoT plasma damage also  exotic damage? Is this trait also buffing this damage?

Thank you

Max

Unfortunately no,
The DoT from Plasma weapons, in your case Romulan Plasma weapons, is not exotic damage. It is just standard plasma damage.

Sent via Rev's Supspace Communicator
And what about plasma consoles? Are those buffed by this trait? If yes is it worth to have it slotted?

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk

Are you referring to the Embassy Consoles or the Vulnerability Exploiter/Locator Spire Consoles?

Embassy ones with plasma explosions.

The plasma explosion is not treated as exotic damage. These work best in a FAW build and can add roughly a 4% increase in DPS per console if used correctly.

(06-03-2016, 07:49 PM)Rev Wrote: The plasma explosion proc is also standard plasma damage, not exotic damage.  These work best in a FAW build and can add roughly a 4% increase in DPS per console if used correctly.  

I'm sorry, but I beg to differ. The Plasma explosions from the Plasma-Generating Embassy Consoles are treated as Exotic Damage:

I was under the impression the console buffed plasma based exotic damage (Eject Warp Plasma and the PEP Torpedo, IIRC), but the plasma explosion itself was plasma damage, not exotic damage. Is this correct? The item description seems to indicate the explosion is plasma-based.

(06-03-2016, 08:09 PM)Rev Wrote: I was under the impression the console buffed plasma based exotic damage (Eject Warp Plasma and the PEP Torpedo, IIRC), but the plasma explosion itself was plasma damage, not exotic damage.  Is this correct?  The item description seems to indicate the explosion is plasma-based.

They nerfed the Plasma Explosions some time ago, but they are still treated as Exotic Damage. With my Particle Manipulator I have an Exotic Critical Hit chance of around 45% and it shows in parses.

Since I do not use anything else that has Plasma, it comes right down to those explosions.
I understand now. It is logical that it be treated as exotic damage, since the damage is increased as the consoles are upgraded in mark and rarity. Thanks for explaining.