New Drain Build Idea
Has anyone considered using the set from Stormbound for a drain build?  The Quantum Phase set gives you flow caps, shield heals with use of drain powers and and an energy weapon damage steal that is boosted by flow caps.  I was thinking about using the Chronometric Calculations Set from Time and Tide but it doesn't seem like that good of a set for a drain build, other than boosting Polaron damage, and I doubt I'll ever get the torp.  I'm collecting the things I need to try a Nandi DPS/drain build on my KDF tac toon.

Edit: Something I missed on the Quantum Phase set is the impulse engine gives you flow caps and EPS while at full impulse.  This really does seem like the perfect set for a drain build.
I was thinking about Polaron for this build but after looking at the 2 piece bonuses from the Nukara Appropriated Munitions and Krenim Temporal Manipulation sets Tetryon is looking like a better option.  Both sets boost Tetryon damage plus the Nukara set bonus boosts flow caps and the Krenim warp core gives me EPS and a BOF CD ability.  I'm questioning using the console from the Krenim set, I like the boosts and the ability from the 3 piece set but I'm not sure it's worth loosing a fleet science console for.
This is the build I've come up with, Nandi Tet Drain.
(03-22-2016, 12:58 PM)eaglescoutdjb Wrote: This is the build I've come up with, Nandi Tet Drain.

Man, you got suhweet mods on your weaps. Is there a knack for getting that set of mods or just a ton of beam upgrades to get to those?
[Image: cFqcOOp.gif]
(03-22-2016, 02:37 PM)dudeorama Wrote: Man, you got suhweet mods on your weaps.  Is there a knack for getting that set of mods or just a ton of beam upgrades to get to those?

I don't have the weapons with those mods yet, I've just started crafting and in the 30 I've made so far I haven't gotten any of the ones I want.  You have to craft and upgrade a lot to get a full set of dmgx3/pen weapons.  Also, you have to make a lot more dmgx2/pen than you need because not all of the ones you go get will get the third dmg mod when you upgrade them.  It takes a lot of patience or EC to get a full set with the mods you want.
(03-22-2016, 05:10 PM)eaglescoutdjb Wrote: I don't have the weapons with those mods yet, I've just started crafting and in the 30 I've made so far I haven't gotten any of the ones I want.  You have to craft and upgrade a lot to get a full set of dmgx3/pen weapons.  Also, you have to make a lot more dmgx2/pen than you need because not all of the ones you go get will get the third dmg mod when you upgrade them.  It takes a lot of patience or EC to get a full set with the mods you want.

That's what I was 'afraid' of, LOL. I do like the Quantum weapon and space set on my fed sci capt (currently running the Krenim science ship). It's pretty tough, especially when you blast a spread of those torps into a crowd after popping a grav well. I actually decided to roll with those and upgraded them all to XIV during the upgrade event.
[Image: cFqcOOp.gif]
Made some changes to make this easier to pull together.  Switching to crtd/dmgx3 advanced fleet weapons, this isn't going to be a top DPS build so I don't need the best weapon mods, and dropped the 2 piece Apex Predator set for another fleet beam and tac console, already sitting at 315 flow caps without the 2 piece Nukara set, the deflector not fully upgraded and 2 of my science consoles only being rare flow cap consoles.  I'll get another 15 flow caps from 2 epic embassy science consoles, 16.8 from the Nukara set and what ever I get from upgrading the deflector, can't find stats for it at epic.