Hanger Pets
What are the best frigates that you don't need a special ship to unlock?  I've gone back to my Jem'Hadar Dreadnought and would like to upgrade to frigates but I don't think I'm ever going to get an Attack Ship.

Edit: This is for a KDF toon.
It's bad enough, that Frigate type Hangar Pets are bound to the Ships they are unlocked for. For example, I would love to use Mesh Weavers or Romulan Drone Ships on any Carrier, but "Noooooo" we are not allowed too.

That said, I honestly don't know if there are Frigate type Hangar Pets that do NOT require as special Ship to unlock them. Sorry. It totally sucks, no doubt about it.
That sucks, the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought is one of my favorite ships and I don't think I'm ever going to get an Attack Ship.
So what are the best fighters for a tac DPS build?  The Jem'Hadar fighters are pretty good but I've never used anything else on this build.
A lot of people swear by Swarmers and Scorpions but I find that both die too often to be of much use. Same with the Tholian pets from the rep store. For Feds I love the Yellowstones as I find they have good survivability and excellent utility with their slowing chroniton torpedoes and the plasma field. I will admit not having much use of carriers on my KDF toons so I don't know what would be the counterpart there.