ranks
(03-05-2016, 06:56 PM)smallen22575 Wrote: Again I am sorry if I offended anyone that was not my intent.  It was a thread for suggestions and I figured the fleet was open to suggestions not to have someone make a suggestion so they can be attack for what they say.  With all that said I ensure you I will not make future suggestion as I don't want to offend anyone or make people upset over just a harmless suggestion.

As far as the True Fleet vs. the STOA Fleet, I know they are different but sometimes even a group and change some structure to make things better but things I see I will keep my mouth shut on for I do not require to upset others or be attack for something that is no more than a suggestion.

Stun you haven't offended me or anyone at all! Its just that I didn't really get your point nor your idea, and you hadn't backed it up with much in the way of reasoning or observations.
its not that I have a problem with people disagreeing with my suggestion but I don't want to be known as the one who caused trouble in the fleet.  I just see some things that could better the fleet in the long run and just thought I would try to post one idea in this suggestions forum.  but it seems the fleet is set in its way and not open to change so I will just keep to myself and do as I am instructed and required to do.

and all I was trying to do when I said sorry is what the rules state and nothing more but the rules should be for all and not to have those exempt from the rules:

1. Every person is different. What may not offend you could offend someone else. Watch your language and the things you say.
  2. When interacting with other players outside of the fleet, be kind and helpful. We want people to look at the STO Academy as a friendly fleet. Your actions reflect the entire fleet.
  3. Avoid discussion about political beliefs, sexual orientation, racism, and other sensitive topics.
  4. If you realize someone has taken offense to what you have said, apologize and end the conversation right there.
  5. All opinions must be respected by every member; however any member who participates in excessive negativity such as daily game-bashing, complaining, trolling, etc. will be asked to stop.

I am sorry that you feel we are not open to change and set in our ways. Everything we have implemented in the fleet just didnt start out that way. It came from ideas from fleet members. You cant really expect us a as fleet to make changes immediately based off suggestions from someone who is less than 2 weeks into the fleet. 

What i would suggest is that you get to know people in the game by chatting with them in chat, taking part in fleet runs. There has been quite a few times where I have seen you online and when people ask for fleetmates to join them you choose not to. Thats ok becuase you are entitled to play the game the way you want to and have fun doing it. 

By just asking for help or making suggestion in the forums you are limiting your interaction with members of the fleet as some may never see the post or do not care to respond. If your online and have a question use chat, that's is what its there for, and you will be able to get an immediate responce
Stun,

Look first of all you haven't offended anyone at all. Suggestions on how to improve the fleet are good, like i have done in the past on this very same topic. However yours was not clear, and had little in the way of reasoning to back it up nor how it would be executed. We just gave our own opinions on what we thought of it, look at what I said about your idea. Please clarify it for me so that I can get a clear understanding of what your propose to do. Look at the thread I wrote for a more contreversial EC idea : http://forum.stoacademy.com/showthread.php?tid=2655

"but the fleet is set in its way and not open to change so I will just keep to myself and do as I am instructed and required to do." 

Now what this is actually potenitally offensive to some. You are making a sweeping generalisation based on the the negative reception to your idea- not they we are offeneded, we just think that from what you proposed, which isn't clear in itself, is not practical nor is necessary. STOA welcome people's ideas, but these ideas need to be backed up with reasoning to support it. You don't need to keep to yourself, if you believe that there is a problem the let the leadership and the fleet know.
Alright stun, first i'd like to say welcome to the fleet! 2nd, I welcome your ideas as much as any leader needs them, so for the sake of understanding you will NEVER get into trouble for presenting ideas.

I think its safe to say that i'm the most militaristic minded individual in the fleet, however I do tend to joke around a lot cause it is what it is, a game.

Promotions come to those who earn them, I was a Captain in the Air Force so I know a thing or two about mustangs, hell I know a few and they've earned my respect. You need to know though that we don't have such a complicated system as the D.O.D. and i'm sorry to tell you brother but you're still quite new, and I sometimes can be harsh for telling it like it is, but how do you expect me to promote someone who just joined the game, and the fleet just the other day. How do you expect me to be a strong leader if i'm just promoting people cause they just want it, Stun, the other day I also witnessed you asking "how do I acquire a tier 6 ship?" Now this is not meant to put you down but to show you that you're still a bit new, and we wouldn't be comfortable promoting people based soley on their military background, do you get where i'm coming from?

I see you're new and eager and I like that, that's a great thing, so learn more about the game, if your ideas get shut down like many of mine have been then take that as motiviation to continue trying with the system we have in place. Please try not to put too much of the military into this, I didn't have a proper youth, so now is when I get to joke around and be 18 at the age of 29. I don't even post pictures of me in uniform on facebook or Instagram cause of 2 reasons, I feel it disrespects the uniform by putting it in something as crazy as the internet. Another reason, like I mentioned above i'm just trying to have fun and forget about it.

Thanks for your inputs, and as TP said (another military man) its easy. At ease smallen, get to grinding those commendations, you got some work to do soldier.
ok 1st of all the idea of having someone wait 90 day or 3 months to go from acting captain to captain is a little discouraging I would say they have 90 days or 3 months to do the captains test and if they complete the captains test before that time period then they may qualify for advancement prior to the 90 day or 3 month window.

2. to explain the points well I have to reflect back to the actual military and certain medals gave you a certain number of points toward advancement 9instead of saying 4 commendations you could say commendation points to equal 24 [ just an example] where 2 medals in combination equals 24 or 4 medals equal 24 depending on the combination of medals) if the isn't explanatory enough I can go into more detail if needed. (everyone up to the point is grandfathered to the rank they currently hold.

3.  I have been in chat rooms but also working on personal episodes and missions to increase my skills to be a better asset and if I'm not in the middle of a mission I am always willing to help on fleet missions, my only problem is I don't remember how to do screen shots.

4. now I have taken a step back and read everything I see how it left some questions and I didn't address them please accept my apology and just know this I am all about making the fleet better.

(03-05-2016, 07:52 PM)smallen22575 Wrote: ok 1st of all the idea of having someone wait 90 day or 3 months to go from acting captain to captain is a little discouraging I would say they have 90 days or 3 months to do the captains test and if they complete the captains test before that time period then they may qualify for advancement prior to the 90 day or 3 month window.

2. to explain the points well I have to reflect back to the actual military and certain medals gave you a certain number of points toward advancement 9instead of saying 4 commendations you could say commendation points to equal 24 [ just an example] where 2 medals in combination equals 24 or 4 medals equal 24 depending on the combination of medals) if the isn't explanatory enough I can go into more detail if needed. (everyone up to the point is grandfathered to the rank they currently hold.

3.  I have been in chat rooms but also working on personal episodes and missions to increase my skills to be a better asset and if I'm not in the middle of a mission I am always willing to help on fleet missions, my only problem is I don't remember how to do screen shots.

4. now I have taken a step back and read everything I see how it left some questions and I didn't address them please accept my apology and just know this I am all about making the fleet better.

Who said anything about 90 days? The time period between acting captain and captain is 2 weeks (14 days)...
(03-05-2016, 07:52 PM)smallen22575 Wrote: ok 1st of all the idea of having someone wait 90 day or 3 months to go from acting captain to captain is a little discouraging I would say they have 90 days or 3 months to do the captains test and if they complete the captains test before that time period then they may qualify for advancement prior to the 90 day or 3 month window.

Sorry to break this to you but totally wrong as already explained- its 2 weeks just to ensure you're not a bank robber Smile

How is this any different at all to having commendations as a requirement for promotions? Instead of having 4 commendations=fleet captain, 24 points=captain in which each commendation is 6 makes no difference at all??? Very very confused. Each commendation would be worth the same as in the status quo, but instead in point form adding unneccessary complexity.  

Chat rooms? Not in chat channel you mean? From the many questions you have put on the forums i would guess it would be reasonable to say that you're brand new and so what missions are you doing exactly? If you can't get a screenshot get other members to, they should be able to. 

Yes we get that Stun, thanks for making the suggestion, but dont think that we;re offended and asking you to shut up about it. We welcome ideas that make the fleet a better place, we will never punish anyone who does. 
I need all of the iconian war on what's left behind in they delta quadrant, and down to fluidic destruction in the solanae dyson shere.  not too new just got my son playing and I have been helping him.

I guess one reason I am worried about promotion is the last fleet I was in told me if I brought x amount of people to their fleet I could be certain rank, no organization at all, well I doubled what they asked me to bring and after a certain number of months found out the guy who was head of the fleet disappeared and nobody new how to run the fleet.

I misread the acting captain it is 90 day inactive yall are right is says 14 day which I am coming up on this week. 

forums chat and game but if some ask me specific or invites me I am willing to jump all over it unless I am in middle of a mission or something comes up I have to deal with ie my son business or something of the sort.