Abandoned Ship - How Are These Guys Doing This!?!?!?
Hi All,

Whilst travelling in the Delta Quadrant looking for abandoned ships for R&D materials I came across the strangest thing...  Huh

There were 3 ships repeatedly/continuously scanning and claiming R&D materials from the abandoned ship.  Huh  It would only let me scan once. Perhaps this is a game glitch?

They were very close together(perhaps occupying the same coordinates). Based on this I surmise that they were intermittently scanning the ship thereby preventing the "drop item" from appearing, creating an infinite loop.

I was going to submit a video but by the time I got Raptr running they had dispersed. I have attached a screenshot, being the 3 ships in formation continually scanning the abandoned ship, also showing that I PM'ed one of them without a reply. I have Photoshopped their names out just in case...

Any comments would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid but some abuse the privilege."
After doing a quick google search, I found this Gameplay Bug report.

Apparently there are also Comets and Nebulas to which this applies as well. In my opinion it's definitely an exploit, but it puzzles me why Cryptic hasn't done anything about it yet.
(01-02-2016, 05:32 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: After doing a quick google search, I found this Gameplay Bug report.

Apparently there are also Comets and Nebulas to which this applies as well. In my opinion it's definitely an exploit, but it puzzles me why Cryptic hasn't done anything about it yet.

Thanks for the reply. I found that post as well but there were no details... I would ask if anybody was keen to give it a try but this captain has a real-life Ground Trait enabled, it's called "Integrity"...

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid but some abuse the privilege."
I have found this bug too. Sometimes I'll fly up to a resource node, and it will just let me harvest for five or ten minutes straight. It's bizarre, and I can't replicate it. It seems to just happen sometimes.
Man... I just move on if I see an exploit/bug like that. One and done for me. I had some guildies in SWTOR get the big boot for toying with an exploit selling subscriber rewards for creds infinite times. One dude caught a 30 day ban for using a bug to farm uber-rare crafting material drops from an op. On the extreme: one whole guild got the dreaded perma-ban for taking groups to farm the op and charging credits.

Granted, I would suspect a random bug like what you mentioned would not likely draw the ire of hacked (pun intended) off devs. I just tread lightly with that stuff.
[Image: cFqcOOp.gif]
See in my case, I took a long hiatus from the game. When I came back, they had completely revamped the space experience by merging all the sectors and such. The Abandoned Ships, Comets, etc. were completely new to me. So when this happened, I just assumed it was a normal aspect of the item. In some MMOs, including Cryptic MMOs, if you go to a harvesting node you can get variable uses out of the node. So I just assumed that was the case. Actually, until I read this thread, I had no idea we were only supposed to be getting one use out of the node.