Tips for players returning to Neverwinter

Greetings,

I wanted to post a few tips for players returning to Neverwinter, as a player with a level 63 character who hasn't played for a bit, there were certainly a number of recent things to catch up on.

I figure there are lots of things others know that I haven't picked up yet, so if others could add to this, that would be great.

For example, I had know that each class has it's own artifact they can learn when they master their class.
I had assumed (incorrectly) that you master your class at level 70, but apparently I can run this quest right now even though I'm level 63.   So, I hope to knock that out today.  ; )

Artifact equipment is what you should be shooting for at level 70, so don't hold tight to your old lvl 60 Epic armor sets, as you will probably get better equipment as you level to 70.  (You can save this gear, and salvage it during special events to get bonus salvage.)

Don't forget your companions have probably gained the ability to learn 5 more ranks, so I like to dust the old ones off and use them while adventuring to level them up to max before popping them back in my inventory.

If you are trying to level more rapidly, you can do Vigilance tasks.  (We also have an additional mission in the Stronghold so you will get more rewards.)   I've never run them, but I look forward to trying some out this weekend and can include more information.

There is a new questline written by RA Salvatore, and completing that unlocked the Underdark campaign.  (Which I believe you have to be level 70 to participate in.) so that is what I have been working on recently.

What other tips do fellow adventurers have?

Accolade complete: The Unstoppable Captain
Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth here. If you are leveling 60-70 in the new zones, I would suggest replacing your gear as your level even if its lvl 60 epic sets from old dungeons. A lot of the mobs hit harder and most of the new gear all has HP's added to them
The Vault of the Nine quest is pretty much impossible without a group before 68 or so. I soloed it at 69, and tried several times before that. I burned through hours trying to solo that thing. It's brutal.
(12-31-2015, 08:47 PM)namikaze Wrote: The Vault of the Nine quest is pretty much impossible without a group before 68 or so.  I soloed it at 69, and tried several times before that.  I burned through hours trying to solo that thing.  It's brutal.

I guess I should feel lucky I was able to complete it solo with my rogue at level 63, but I had to try many times, use lots of potions and scrolls, and it was frustrating!   (I thought my gear was just outdated or something.  Glad to hear that it's just hard for everyone until they are higher level!)

Chris

Accolade complete: The Unstoppable Captain