Poll: Which Research Lab boost do you like best. You can choose up to 2.
This poll is closed.
Weekly Combat Performance Boost
58.33%
7 58.33%
Weekly Dilithium Ore Boost
25.00%
3 25.00%
Weekly Skill Point Boost
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Research Lab Boosts (poll)
Hello fleet members. The other Admirals and myself would like to get your opinion on which boosts we should slot in the Research Lab Holding. For reference, here are all three:

Weekly Combat Performance Boost
+20% All Damage (Ground and Space)
+40 All Damage Resistance Rating (Ground and Space)
+10% Speed and Turn Rate (Space)
+10% Run Speed and Dodge (Ground)

Weekly Dilithium Ore Boost
Earn 10% extra Dilithium Ore

Weekly Skill Point Boost
Earn 5% extra Skill points / Specialization XP

Use the poll in this post to let us know which one you like best, and also feel free to discuss in this thread. The poll will remain open for 7 days.

Hello Attilio,

I believe those numbers you're referring to are Tier 1 boosts.

Tier 3 boosts are:

Combat:

Dilithium:
10% Bonus Dilithium Ore

Skillpoints:
5% Bonus Skill Points / Specialization XP

These should be more relevant since most of our fleets reached tier 3.
(12-28-2015, 02:27 PM)sf911 Wrote: Hello Attilio,

I believe those numbers you're referring to are Tier 1 boosts.

Tier 3 boosts are:

Combat:

Dilithium:
10% Bonus Dilithium Ore

Skillpoints:
5% Bonus Skill Points / Specialization XP

These should be more relevant since most of our fleets reached tier 3.

That's my bad. I updated the OP to represent the correct values.
I guess, it's the will of the Fleet to have the weekly Combat Performance Boost.
Just a little heads-up. The weekly Dilithium Ore Boost (currently active in Academy) is either not working at all OR has severe limitations regarding the bonus. It is definitely not applying to Dilithium Mining. Would be happy for some clarifications.
AFAIK the Dil ore boost does not apply to everything.

IMVHO anything other than the combat boost is a waste as the gains are just too small to make any noticeable difference in DIL or XP. The combat boost is a small (but still appreciated) increase in DPS (being a cat1 boost), but a very noticeable increase in survivability. Not to mention that the extra DPS means you are in fact earning DIL/XP faster by completing objectives in a shorter time. I am very much in favor of chaining that one and forgetting the others.

Just my 2 cents.
Hey Sf911, I have noticed you use the term cat1 or cat2 dmg befor. Is there somewhere I can read what that actually means?
Hello Kenthend.

See here for an overview and here to see how the formulas come together.

Also here is a reddit post I did some time ago containing some "napkin math" that may give you an idea of how all this this works in practice (specifically see how I estimated the Quantum Phase Converter effective dps contribution).

The above should give you an idea why, in practice, X% is rarely truly X% in STO Smile
I noticed that, despite this poll, Academy is slotting the Dilithium Boost fairly often. Any specific reason?

Clearly not my call to make but, IMO, slotting the Combat Boost consistently would be preferable.
The other admirals and I decided to alternate considering that the results of this poll aren't truly representative of the entire fleet and also both combat and dilithium are equally important.

I've been trying to alternate but it's possible I lost track and slotted dil a couple times in a row.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk