A Book I Helped Write Is Out!
So I don't know if any of you play any Shadowrun. It's a video game franchise that started as a pen-and-paper roleplaying game back in 1989. It's still going, and I got to contribute to a book for the franchise. Yesterday the book was released, and all of my contributions are included! It makes me feel like a proud papa - though my daughter makes me feel like that all the time. Smile

Anyway, I'm just excited and I wanted to share the news. Carry on, folks!
Hey! That's great news! Well done Smile

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
You forgot to tell us the name of the book.
Sorry! It's called Rigger 5.0. I wrote up six of the drones in there, it's my first gig as a freelance writer. All six of the drones that I submitted ended up getting used, and two of them ended up with full color art projects for them. I'm very happy with how it all turned out, and I'm hoping for more work in the future.

http://drivethrurpg.com/product/168944/S...-Rigger-50
I remember playing that back in the late 80s early 90s. Loved playing an Elvish Icer
Wow that would be First Edition times. Smile The game launched in 1989! FASA lost control of Shadowrun back... I think in the early 2000s? Now it's owned by Topps of all things. Yes, the baseball card company. They license it to Catalyst Game Labs, who manages the Shadowrun and Battletech properties.

It's exciting to be a part of the process. I've been playing since I was a kid, off and on. I finally have a good system going. I have a group of six players, including my wife, and I'm also a member of the Catalyst Demo Team so I get to go to conventions for Catalyst and such. I'm hoping to do more work for Catalyst, and eventually move into an editor position.