Star Trek Beyond Trailer
I also wonder about the apparent absence of basic Star Trek themes in favor of making more straight-up action. The first movie was good, in my opinion, but the second one was a bit lackluster. Even J.J. Abrams has apparently stated that he felt like the second movie just wasn't up to snuff.

That said, Simon Pegg has reportedly stated that the trailer doesn't show nearly enough of the film to make a critical judgment of it. I'm definitely going to see it anyway, but I'm not trusting that the direct of Furious 7 is going to be able to make anything other than a vaguely homoerotic boy fantasy. Still, I'm going to give it a chance.
Also... 

(12-18-2015, 07:02 AM)dammitjim76 Wrote: Also... 

Haha I also didn't hate it
(12-18-2015, 07:02 AM)dammitjim76 Wrote: Also... 

I'd rate Star Trek 5 over Into Darkness.  Into Darkness was the first Star Trek movie since 4 that I didn't see in the theater and I'm glad I didn't waste my money on the piece of shit.
At least no one here likes Star Trek IV. Star Trek IV was the WORST MOVIE EVER! I mean really, they had to save the blue whales? BOOoooooooring.
(12-18-2015, 11:13 PM)namikaze Wrote: At least no one here likes Star Trek IV.  Star Trek IV was the WORST MOVIE EVER!  I mean really, they had to save the blue whales?  BOOoooooooring.
Seriously? I only say "What does God need with a Starship?" Shatner directed V was way worse than IV. Not convinced? Then answer this? Wink

ROFL! I had never seen that video before - that's just beautiful.

Honestly, I didn't much like any of the TOS movies. The best ones were the TNG movies, in my opinion. But this just helps solidify that opinion even more. Tongue
First Contact was good, one of the best, but I wouldn't rate the rest of the TNG movies as the best.  My top 5 are The Wrath of Khan, The Undiscovered Country, First Contact, The Search for Spock and The Voyage Home.
(12-18-2015, 11:13 PM)namikaze Wrote: At least no one here likes Star Trek IV.  Star Trek IV was the WORST MOVIE EVER!  I mean really, they had to save the blue whales?  BOOoooooooring.

Nope, IV imho was one of the better ones. Star Trek I and V are the worst by far, nemesis and III not that far behind.