USS Boxer: 100K+ DPS Fleet Arbiter
Dear All,

I thought I’d share my Fleet Arbiter build that I have been playing around for the past week or so.

U.S.S. Boxer Build

The theme of the build is similar to my 97K Tac Oddy: “survivable DPS”.

…except with more DPS and yet more survivability.

Current best is at 108K DPS (standard LFG DPS Channel left to right run with no recluses)…but it parsed 95K+ in several other channel runs.

At the same time, it’s happy to take quite a beating in PUGs where it generally takes A LOT of aggro without breaking a sweat. I am very happy with the ship to be honest.

Just a couple of minor notes:

• Why phasers? For the canon look. Loss vs. AP beams is quite minimal (around 2.5% on my build I’d estimate).
  • Why the Regenerative Integrity Field? Wonderful for survivability and getting you out of a 0% GDF. Buying a Tachyo to slot might give me an extra 2% on beam DPS…which is quite negligible compared to what the RIF does for me (IMO).
  • Why the omni phaser? Because IMO the gains of extra time-on-target are greater than the 5% loss (on that one beam) over weapon [mods] vs. another standard array with optimal [mods].

Missing traits are in the description and DOFFs in the notes.

Any questions/comments are, of course, welcome! Smile
Have you tried a threat gen Reciprocity build?  ATD 1 with the doffs that increase threat gen on use of Delta would give you room for OSS 3 and FAW 3 plus you could add Kemocite or a torp and still have room for a second FAW and TT for when you're not pulling enough threat.  I don't have everything for it yet but it's what I'm planning to try on my KDF fleet battlecruiser.
I did consider a +threat/reciprocity build and might try it at some point. It does open up the room for some interesting possibilities as you suggested.

For now, however, I prefer to stay away from any Kemo/Torp combos until the bugs get fixed. I prefer not to exploit what we now know to be broken mechanics.

In any case, a torp would not synergise very well on a broadside build (not that it would probably matter given the current levels of absurdity resulting from the Neutronic/Kemo combo).
Still not sure which I want for my build.  I can add Kimocite, a torp or both and drop the backup FAW or TT.  If I use a torp it'll be the energy torp as it synergies the best with a mostly beam build.
Neutronic/Kemocite seems to be *the* combo ATM on top-end beam builds. We'll see how/if that changes when Kemocite gets fixed.

If you don't have Kemocite already, I would avoid buying it until it gets fixed...to see how they fix it and how it will perform after the fix. I would not recommend building around (and investing in) broken mechanics that will most likely be fixed in the very near future.
I have a feeling when kemocite gets fixed it's going to be like the embassy consoles, it won't be as good but it'll still be good enough to be worth using.  I love the things people that don't know how broken it is are doing.  People think they doesn't need tac consoles and can go with all universal because of how much the bug has boosted people's DPS, not realizing that when this is fixed they'll be right back where they started.
(10-05-2015, 04:17 PM)eaglescoutdjb Wrote: I have a feeling when kemocite gets fixed it's going to be like the embassy consoles, it won't be as good but it'll still be good enough to be worth using.  I love the things people that don't know how broken it is are doing.  People think they doesn't need tac consoles and can go with all universal because of how much the bug has boosted people's DPS, not realizing that when this is fixed they'll be right back where they started.

Interesting subject that of tac consoles. Even on builds exploiting the Kemo bugs, I suspect there's a net loss in dropping them.

Not long ago, I created a thread on STO Builds (here) that discussed the matter; some interesting input in that thread.
Managed to slightly better my personal record in a 3/2 split 75K channel run (no recluses): 111K. 
I suspect that, with a little luck, 130K+ is possible with current set-up...but probably requires a better pilot than myself.
130K... Angel In my distant dreams.... Smile
When I look at it, I wonder what exactly does the trick here. Is the combination of OSS1 and OSS2?