DPS engineer skills
Hi, I'm about to use a respec to reset my skill tree, and i need a second opinion. I have maxed out the energy weapons specialization now to max crit chance. This is designed as a new eps build for my avenger, all suggestions welcome.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillpla...beta9_7241

AAAICT
Starship Warp Core Potential just give you a mere 8% bonus on the Power level. I would reassign those points to Starship Impulse Thrusters. This would increase your Turn rate, which would allow you to use your DBBs more often.

Other than that, I think your build is fine.
(08-13-2015, 01:23 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: Starship Warp Core Potential just give you a mere 8% bonus on the Power level. I would reassign those points to Starship Impulse Thrusters. This would increase your Turn rate, which would allow you to use your DBBs more often.

Other than that, I think your build is fine.

Thanks TP, I took some points out of WCP and driver coil to boost Impulse Thrusters up to 6. 
Don't take points out of driver coil.  It boosts your speed at full impulse and reduces the power drain on other systems at full impulse.  I max driver coil on every build I do.
There's a couple of really expensive things that would be a big boost to your power levels and DPS.  A Plasmonic Leech and one of the crafted RCS consoles with EPS.  Combine those with maxed flow caps and EPS, at least 6 points in all your power levels and a warp core with AMP, I like an elite fleet or upgraded Iconian core, and you should see a big jump in your DPS.
(08-13-2015, 02:43 PM)eaglescoutdjb Wrote: There's a couple of really expensive things that would be a big boost to your power levels and DPS.  A Plasmonic Leech and one of the crafted RCS consoles with EPS.  Combine those with maxed flow caps and EPS, at least 6 points in all your power levels and a warp core with AMP, I like an elite fleet or upgraded Iconian core, and you should see a big jump in your DPS.

Thanks for the reply, I will look into how to reshuffle the skill tree, but unfortunately I have no way to get the ultra expensive items at all, I haven't even gotten the 1 billion EC cap increase yet. And even so, it will take some time to get ,at last i heard ,160 mil EC for the leech. Sad  Ill try to make do in the meantime (which is as good as permanent) with EPTW, power set to weapons mode and EPS power transfer. Usually my weapons power starts at 125/100 and fluctuates between that and 110/100 when i glance at the power bar. It generally only goes below that when weapons are offline. 
You can also try neutronium alloy with eps mod, from fleet mine.