Patch Notes!
General:

• Resolved an issue that was allowing the damage bonus from Particle Focuser consoles from the Fleet Research Lab to benefit from damage bonuses themselves. This was not intended behavior.

• Resolved an issue that was causing the Iconian Resistance 2 piece bonus to passively trigger the damage bonus on Particle Focuser consoles.

• Resolved an issue that was preventing the Firing Cycle Haste from applying when using the "Emergency Weapon Cycle" Starship Trait.

• Increased Firing Cycle Haste value on "Emergency Weapon Cycle" from 10% to 20%.

• The Vault Shuttle Event is now available.

• Corrected a typo in the ship store description for the Fleet Heavy Destroyer [T6]. It incorrectly stated that it awarded the "Partners in Arms" starship trait. Fleet ships do not get starship traits, so this erroneous text was removed.
Not only are they fixing the haste from EWC, but they are raising it to 20%! That means you get the same haste bonus as using Reroute Reserves to Weapons I! The only issue I see is that the increased haste kind of nullifies the power cost reduction since firing faster will inherently affect weapon power recharge and overcapping. I look forward to seeing numbers on this.
If it actually works as intended I think this is going to be a required trait for DPS on energy builds

The fix/buff to haste should be a literal 20% boost to energy weapon derived DPS (including plasma explosions which will benefit from the increased number of shots where they can proc).

The trait was great in its broken state due to the drain reduction...but now...wow.

Looking forward to trying it out (and hoping they don't break anything else).

Now if only they could fix the lag and misfires...that would be the best thing they could do ATM...IMO.
I'm glad they're finally fixing Emergency Weapon Cycle, I'm not even using the ship it came from yet, thinking about using it for an engineer threat tank, I just wanted the trait for my DPS build.
The lag fixes would be nice. The momentum they had on that front seems to have evaporated recently.

Yeah it seems like they decided it was good enough to shut us up for awhile and that they would concentrate on adding things until it gets unplayable for 90% of the playerbase again. I really wish it would go back to being smooth like it was over a year ago when I could do things.
(07-30-2015, 02:51 PM)robonixon Wrote: The lag fixes would be nice. The momentum they had on that front seems to have evaporated recently.

Agreed.

Since 10.5 came out we seem back to square one. Misfires are terrible these days. It's incredibly difficult to get a "clean" run ATM.
I'm not sure the lag is ever going to be fixed without a new server.  STO is sharing a really old server with Neverwinter and it can't keep up with the content they are adding.