EPS is DPS (and why)
Lightbulb 
I cannot recommend enough watching this video by Sarcasm Detector: EPS, The Secret to DPS

Players are often (understandably) confused by the notion of weapon power overcap.

The above video provides the best explanation that I have seen of how this (important) game mechanic works.

I hope you will find the video to be useful Smile
I think I might need to get someone in the fleet to make me those consoles with EPS he has for my drain build.  With a Leech and Energy Siphon there's almost always power moving somewhere and the extra boost in transfer rate would be nice.
Getting [EPS] on the crafted RCS or Exciter consoles is a matter of RNG. You cannot choose the mods.

...the RCS [EPS] console being by far the more desirable in the current meta as you want to fill your sci slots with embassy plasma explosion consoles with energy weapon builds.

Since this video was released the prices of RCS [EPS] consoles has exploded (100mil+ last I checked). Needless to say that I'm glad to have gotten mine a long time ago.

You can, however, get a normal VR EPS Regulator console for much more reasonable prices.
(07-09-2015, 12:51 PM)sf911 Wrote: Getting [EPS] on the crafted RCS or Exciter consoles is a matter of RNG. You cannot choose the mods.
...the RCS [EPS] console being by far the more desirable in the current meta as you want to fill your sci slots with embassy plasma explosion consoles with energy weapon builds.

I'll have to get them off the exchange.  I don't have the Doffs to make them myself and I don't want to spend the resources or tie up someone else's R&D slot for multiple tries.  I doubt they are cheep but saving the EC seems easier than trying to craft them with a certain Mod.
Wow I'm glad I got mine for 11 mil when I did. Once I started using the EPS consoles, my DPS went up a good bit. Now if only they'd fix the lag in ISA so we can actually do good runs reliably.
For the RCS console it's actually cheaper to buy the Doff and make it yourself.  Might not be so much except that there's no MK XIII, you can only get EPS at MK XIV.  There's no Exciter consoles with EPS on the Exchange.
I can craft these, but the mods are random so it isn't just a matter of giving someone the resources and getting one back. You'd have to get very lucky and even then if they're going for 100M EC it would require a lot of goodwill from the crafter to give it up Smile

Another thing to consider is the Rule 62 Lobi console, I believe at Epic it adds a significant percentage to your power transfer rate. Might be worth buying on a Lobi sale.

Could someone attach a pic of the EPS console so I can oogle it?

thank
Great Video, but when he got to the spreadsheets my eyes glazed over lol. But I did get the basics, time for a retrain token... Angel