[More] Fleet starbase info
I discovered this article in Massively detailing the latest news about the starbases. From what I've read it seems like a mixed bag of good and bad news. It seems like the construction and outfitting phases will be done with a combination of several different XP groups. Members will be able to contribute items, XP or their time to the starbase construction fund, and they will also get a chance to be rewarded based upon individual contributions to the fleet projects.

Rewarding members based upon their individual contributions will certainly reward the richest players who hoard items and dilithium with even nicer stuff. It also seems to punish the players who would (and have) given away their last energy credit to help out someone else. I'm not sure how this system will actually work, but it does seem to be rather counter-intuitive. It seems like it rewards the player for helping the fleet, but I think it would also promote a more selfish approach. Perhaps I'm overreacting, but the devs seem to have killed any remnant of altruism left in this game.

Anyway, here is the link to the article.

<!-- m -Arrow<a class="postlink" href="http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/04/captains-log-an-exclusive-look-at-stos-season-six-starbases/">http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/04 ... starbases/</a><!-- m -Arrow
Jay
Field Admiral
STO Academy Fleet
Hey, with the new fleet starbase coming up in season 6, are the resources put into building the starbase going to be focused more on the federation STO Academy? I think it's much more easier for the fleet to focus on the main "dish" of the fleet where most of the crewman are on.

I understand that the KDF STO Akademy is pretty much lacking in terms of players and just a 2nd f2p toon for people like me to farm for dilithium.

So what's the stand from the officers on this? Total focus on federation starbase first then proceed to KDF starbase? Or concurrent build up for both sides? This is under the assumption that KDF also has the fleet starbase available. (I highly doubt the KDF starbase would work as perfectly as the federation starbase)
Just curious on my part Smile