any suggestions please
i need to know if im the right track i started playing in february so im still fairly new. if i have any errors or using something that does not really work for my build can someone give me some suggestions please here is a copy of my link. also if some one can suggest on how to increase my dps from 4990K to maybe 12k or more. i have more info on my ship build such as active DOFFS and BOFFS traits and my power settings in the notes section in the link i seem to be stuck i dont know what els to do thanks all have a great day

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=aptest2_10116
If you are interested in increasing your DPS I'd highly recommend studying going here:  http://forum.stoacademy.com/showthread.php?tid=2617  and studying the links provided.  Everything you need to know about increasing your DPS is here.
ok thank you il check that out
This is a pretty good build for someone that's only been playing since February.  If you want the max DPS you can get you'll need crafted weapons but you can up your DPS by simply refining the build.

First get yourself a warp core engineer Doff and switch one of the EPW to EPS, you don't need 2 of the same power with an Aux2Bat build and when the warp core engineer procs emergency power abilities will boost all of your power levels.  Second thing, tac abilities, switch Torp Spread III for Omega I. High Yield for Spread and switch BFAW and Tac Team around.  Omega will boost your damage and maneuverability, BFAW is going to be your main damage power and the Crystalline torp is much better with spread.

If you want the max DPS you'll need to craft crtdx2/pen DBBs and upgrade them to epic with crtdx3/pen, respec, and change out your consoles but now you're talking about a lot of time and effort that you need to decide if you want to invest in a build.
Hello dataport,

As a fellow flyer of the fleet avenger, I can tell you that with the right modifications, it is a joy to fly. Although I use cannons, here is my build. http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillpla...beta9_7241

Now down to the review. First off this looks like a pretty nice build, and I would make just a couple of modifications. ( don't worry that I have written a lot, most of it is explanation)  Wink

Weapons- fleet weapons are good, but normal v rare ones with crtd modifiers deal out far more dps, and so you should try to find weapons with as many of these modifiers as you can. Aft weapons- spot on for an AP build! 

Equipment- The kaboli set looks pretty good, but you many consider getting another one from the rep store.. such as the MACO or AMACO sets that are pretty good for cruisers ( or at least in my opinion, best to get other viewpoints on that). I would perhaps swap out the warp core for the obelisk one from I think it was sphere of influence ( or at least on of the dyson FE's) and this will provide a set bonus with your ancient omni AP beam and gives 10% bonus AP damage. Otherwise, very nice. 

Consoles- I would definitely get rid of the force fields ( I don't think it works that well...) and put in the regenerative integrity field in its place. You can then get another vulnerability locator to boost damage. I might be tempted to get rid of the RCS, as you don't really need too high of a turn rate using beams ( unlike mine which you need a high one to use cannons) and put in that slot the assimilated module. You can then put in another science console, as the lack of science slots and abilities is the avenger's greatest weakness. 

Powers- I see that you are going for an aux to bat build, which may work well or perhaps not. I would swap out the torp HY for beam overload, as you are using more beams than torps. I would also swap out the transfer shield strength with science team II, which will heal shields and get rid of science debuffs. Finally I would replace one of the eptw's with engineering team, which will heal your hull ( crucial on this ship.) 

Well, I hope this helps, and already this is a good build so well done, even if you've just started.  Big Grin

AAAICT

p.s. I hope that you will enjoy the avenger as much as I have, the U.S.S Westminster is my pride and joy! Wink
Hi Dataport,

I went with Dual beam banks on my Fleet Avenger, I use A2B and it works great for cruisers

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillpla...uiser_6360

I love flying her, she melts ship that look mean to her. Vulcan
Â
you got some good consoles ive made some major changes to my build but my parser is still wack so i have no clue what my dps is at i did advanced infected conduit and someone posted that i was doing 14k dps when i get a chance im going to update this info and the changes to my build im working on upgrading my consoles and weapons at the moment just hard being able to refine 8k aday. and i still have yet to unlock my ec cap its a major hindrance cause i would like to get the plasmonic leech.
(06-05-2015, 05:28 PM)dataport Wrote: you got some good consoles ive made some major changes to my build but my parser is still wack so i have no clue what my dps is at i did advanced infected conduit and someone posted that i was doing 14k dps when i get a chance im going to update this info and the changes to my build im working on upgrading my consoles and weapons at the moment just hard being able to refine 8k aday. and i still have yet to unlock my ec cap its a major hindrance cause i would like to get the plasmonic leech.

Plasmonic leech is nice, but the latest lowest prices i have heard, is that its at least 48 Million EC. I have also heard that it has gone up to 300 Million as well, good luck with trying to get it, I'm not going to bother... Sad
i made some major changes to my build check it out and tell me how i did on placing my skills.
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=aptest2_10116