Ground *Runs away screaming* "NOOOOOOES"
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Blackthorns Ground King Of The Ring Tournament
Lightbulb 
As the title suggests, 
I have been playing around with the thought of setting up a ground pvp tournament for the fleet and wanted to hear if it would be something that people would find interesting. Ofc i shall not be a participant myself so for those that have heard of my ground pvp madness rep u can rest easy.

Anyhoo made a lil dwarf poll that i would like people to do so that i know if i should proceed with the idea of just scratch it.
[Image: signaturev22.jpg]
I had to vote no.  Not that it isn't a good idea for the right people, but most people can't handle losing.  The one thing I took away from the last War Games is that pitting fleetmates against one another usually turns out very, very bad.  Even if the pvp system was flawless people would still be bad losers, but this system is so full of bugs, exploits and OP builds that most people want nothing to do with it.  If you decide to go ahead, more power to you.  Any fleet events are better than none, just know that anyone who goes in without already having a ton of pvp experience in this game will go away upset and hating it.
I have to agree with KG here. We had Ground PvP in the 4th Season of War Games and it so much of a desaster, that it was taken out in Season 5.
(04-27-2015, 01:46 PM)martinison Wrote: I had to vote no.  Not that it isn't a good idea for the right people, but most people can't handle losing.  The one thing I took away from the last War Games is that pitting fleetmates against one another usually turns out very, very bad.

well i can understand ure stand but for now i just want to know if it's something people would like to see happen, ofc i'll set up some general rules and the idea is to do 1vs1 with a 15 kill count and banning the use of the TR-116B rifle and Zefram Cochrane Shotgun to even the ground a bit cuz those 2 weapons unbalance PvP and thus create alot of griefing which i want to avoid should this turn out to be something that will come to life.
I am all for friendly pvp but ground is even more busted than space is. Good luck if you can find some willing participants.

2 words: War Games

I cant say yes to this BT, im really sorry
Well, I think it's a fantastic idea... Mostly because I'm not as concerned with winning as with improving. I mean, I do understand the two problems of folks catching feelings and ground not being super reliable - and a lot of the 'nays' are coming from older heads who've seen what can happen.

That said, I'd be down no matter what and am happy to brainstorm ways to prevent drama, if that's of any help.

(04-27-2015, 03:16 PM)Chris Wrote:    If we are going to ban the shotgun and the TR-116B rifle (and TR-116A rifle) then I recommend we also ban the mortars, as once deployed, they often can attack opponents throughout the arena without line of sight.

Consider mortars banned as well lol not like engis need em to go 1vs1 and kill count of 15 aint alot. But sofar it doesnt look as tho people r up for the idea, yes yes shait happend in the past but if we let every bad thing that happend in the past stop us from heading towards the future in this case a wee lil tournament then whats the point of planning anything at all. it all comes down to having the attitude of it's meant to be fun and also if there is enough interest i will ofc look into some prices for 1st 2nd and 3rd but that's something to worry till much later if this will even happen lol 
Maybe before jumping right into a tourney you should give classes for those that have no idea of what to do in PVP. You could go over what counters what, tactics, etc. After ward have the people in the class be in the tourney. As for banning items, I am never a fan of that but that's just me
I think if you're going to do it Kenthend is on the right track: advertise ground PVP training first and get interest. Once you have a willing body of players then you can worry about contests.

I also agree that banning tactics is not a good idea, only because enforcement of this leads to arguing which leads to hurt feelings which leads to no PVP. Trust us when we say this has happened before Smile

It would be better to teach people how to deal with the "broken" tactics instead of banning them.