Tour the Galaxy in Season 10
(10-23-2015, 01:46 PM)Katarro Wrote: Oh OK thanks.

You need the assimilated engines if you want to complete it all. 
I've actually done better with the elite fleet impulse engine and the obilesk
warp engine than I have with the assimilated sub-transwarp impulse engine.

I use either the Kobali Samsar or the Engineering Pilot Ship. And since I'm not fighting anything I don't load any weapons.

Deflector: Assimilated Deflector Array Mk XIV
Impulse: Elite Fleet Efficient Hyper-Impulse Engines Mk XIV [Pow] [Spd]x2 [Turn]
Warp Core: Obilesk Subspace Rift Warp Core Mk XIII
Shield: Advanced Fleet Covariant Shield Array Mk XiV [Cap]x3 [Cp/Rg] [ResB]

Engineering Consoles:
Conductive RCS Accelerator Mk XIV
Assimilated Module Mk XIV
EPS Flow Regulator Mk XIV
Tachyokinetic Converter Mk XIV

I also make sure that the engines are the highest setting of 100 [125/100] in the ship power levels. That way more power going to engines gives some boost to the overall speed performance. The reason that I use the elite fleet impulse engine over the assimilated engines is just pure numbers.

Elite Fleet: +24 flight speed
                +0.4 turn rate

FULL IMPULSE:
                 175.5 Flight Speed
                      All power diverted to engines

Assimilated Impulse:  +15.9 flight speed
                                +0.4 turn rate

FULL IMPULSE:
                    120.7 Flight Speed
                           All power diverted to engines

The obilesk core works better for me because of the slipstream bonuses.

50% reduction to slipstream
+20% turn rate in slipstream
+0.1 slipstream speed bonus

The path that I travel you really only have to transwarp one time from alpha into beta into the azura sector of space. The RCS console for the +42.5% flight turn rate. The assimilated module because its just cool I think, or it was just on the ship when I did tour the galaxy. The tachyo for the +33.7 flight turn rate. The eps flow regulator was left on the ship from another build I tested. Although if you would try the elite fleet warp core from the dilithium mine that has the [EWS] modifier it might improve your speed some haven't tested that yet. Will try it tomorrow. Because it allows your engine power to go above 125/100.

I will modify the map with the course that I run tomorrow when I  have access to photoshop. And will include when I use slipstream between the systems and when I just fly. With the above setup I am able to clear all of Alpha in about 7:51. And get almost all of beta. Either ship I use, I will usually run out of time with about 8 systems left to pass by.

Somebody and figured it out on reddit to get all of tour the galaxy complete. I'm gonna try it out tomorrow after I ask what ship gear they used. Will update my progress with the ship gear that I used if I don't have everything they used.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3t...route_for/

Feel free to make a graphical map of this, I'm just going to make a list, since my photoshop-fu is weak.

Start at the Nimbus System, in the Beta Quadrant Pop QSD as soon as it is off cooldown; it's first use should be the moment you've earned the 25k from Nimbus. Obviously, I recommend engines and warp cores/singularity cores that boost your warp yield, reduce your QSD cooldown, and a Polaric Modulator also helps. Buying the Lead Foot trait from the Exchange is a (relatively) cheap way to cover more ground and gain maneuverability when your QSD is active.

Nimbus -Arrow Lirss -Arrow Alini -Arrow Vorn -Arrow Iconia -Arrow Gamma Eridon -Arrow Pheben -Arrow Sanek -Arrow Qo'noS -Arrow Khitomer -Arrow Archanis -Arrow Drozana Station -Arrow Traelus -Arrow Risa -Arrow Orion -Arrow Vendor -Arrow Mylasa -Arrow New Romulus -Arrow Virinat -Arrow Argelius -Arrow Teneebia -Arrow ALPHA QUADRANT, TELLAR SECTOR -Arrow Tellar -Arrow Ferenginar -Arrow Breen -Arrow Arawath -Arrow Defera -Arrow Tzenketh -Arrow Mizar -Arrow Chapel -Arrow Betazed -Arrow Corwin -Arrow Deep Space 9 -Arrow Algira (END ROUTE).

I hope this helps. There was another thread about how to get more ships from Admiralty, and it was revealed that many people still don't have a good route to cover the most amount of ground. I usually have about 2:30 left on the clock when I run this, but I have the Vesta 3-piece, Lead Foot, Epic Mk XIV MACO Impulse Engine, and an Advanced Mk XIV fleet warp core with SSR specifically for this run.

Here is the map I used to finish Tour The Galaxy. There were changes made to the above route that I posted before. Because after looking, it seemed like near the end of the Beta Quadrant he was going around his ass to get to his elbow. A complete description of the ship, settings, traits used, and the map route that I got from TP.

THE SETUP

Set the Engine slider to max power 125. This will help with the engines and traits used. For the ship I used the Vesta. As it comes with a 3 piece console that gives a better Slipstream that will be needed to finish this. And the following equipment.

Ship and Equipment

The Vesta
Assimilated Deflector [mainly for the borg visuals]
Secondary Console [Vesta has one so I put a fleet one there]
Assimilated Sub-Transwarp Impulse [68.6 transwarp 110.2 flight speed]
Obilesk Subspace Rift Warp
         [50% slipstream cooldown, 20% turn rate in slipstream 0.2% slipstream bonus]
Fleet Shield [not sure if its needed or not]
RCS Console [42.5% turn rate]
RCS Console [42.5% turn rate]
Vesta 3 piece set [Chroniton Infused Quantum Slipstream]

Pilot Specialization is Active Primary
Lead Foot (Personal Trait) [20% turn rate, +10 Slipstream Speed]
Advanced Engines [Space Reputation - Delta Rep T2)[+25 Turn Rate +25 Speed]
Astrometrics Scientist [Transwarp cooldown]

Not sure if there are more Traits that would help since I don't have them. Also not sure if there is a doff that helps as I don't have one.

I used this map I got from TP to make a crude route with the systems numbered showing the direction of travel. It also includes where I hit slipstream for the speed. And with the Vesta 3 piece your slipstream will last almost 2 minutes with the above setup.

BETA QUADRANT
1. Nimbus [activate slipstream]
2. Lirss                                                 13. Virinat
3. Alini                                                  14. Archanis
4. Vorn                                                 15. Drozana
5. Iconia                                               16. Traelus [activate slipstream]
6. Mylassa                                            17. Risa                                      
7.Gamma Eridon                                   18. Orion                                  
8. New Romulus                                    19. Argelius                                
9. Pheben [activate slipstream]     20. Vendor              
10. Sanek                                              21. Teneebia                                
11. Qo'nos
12. Khitomer

From Teneebia you will map switch to the Alpha Quadrant. First time I had the map switching bug of being stuck on the loading screen at 40.41 and it didn't load for about 5 minutes and left me with only 30 seconds left. Second time it switched quickly.

[/ALPHA QUADRANTb]

1. Tellar [b][activate slipstream]
            7. Deep Space 9
2. Ferenginar                                              8. Tzenketh
3. Breen  [activate slipstream]           9. Mizar [activate slipstream]
4. Defera                                                   10. Chapel
5. Arawath [activate slipstream]        11. Betazed
6. Algira                                                     12. Corwin

And that is how I got the Well Travelled trait.

I'm way far away from having the equipment to complete the full tour and get the reward or whatever, but even with my modes ship I can complete the alpha quad and usually pick up another 5 or 6 checkpoints in the beta quad which is usually good for between 500 to 700k EC. Apparently, the EC reward scales with rank or something, because doing the tour with my KDF commander, each checkpoint was good for only 2500 EC as apposed to the 25000 EC from my UFP Admiral (57).  Please correct me if my assumptions about reward scaling are incorrect, but those are the EC rewards I received on my last tour with both toons.

(12-25-2016, 09:45 PM)roughrider1988 Wrote: I'm way far away from having the equipment to complete the full tour and get the reward or whatever, but even with my modes ship I can complete the alpha quad and usually pick up another 5 or 6 checkpoints in the beta quad which is usually good for between 500 to 700k EC. Apparently, the EC reward scales with rank or something, because doing the tour with my KDF commander, each checkpoint was good for only 2500 EC as opposed to the 25000 EC from my UFP Admiral (57).  Please correct me if my assumptions about reward scaling are incorrect, but those are the EC rewards I received on my last tour with both toons.

Correct, it does scale up the rewards depending on rank. a lot has changed with the mechanics involved with TTG since this thread started, such as the devs nerfing the /navtoposition command under the guise that it was one of "several codes that bots were exploiting" for other things when in actuality from the investigating i did, a whole lot of users were using pre-made keybinds to provide better navigation between targets since the track now randomly spits out INTENTIONALLY incorrect telemetry data, sending you off into deep space or turning to a wrong heading (especially at/to Arawath, DS9, Trellis, Nimbus, Pheben, New Romulus...) to keep you on your toes the entire time (really Cryptic? I used to be able to enjoy a meal while doing the route. >.<# )

For users that do not have access to the extended duration slipstream drives, I would highly suggest using the Breen to Sanek route via Tellar to Teneebia zone crossing, which is arguably best route in terms of overall distance and time  as determined through statistical analysis done at The Traveling Starship Problem page on logicker.net

And don't use the routing on the official walkthrough page: it bounces around so much that General Akbar would call it a trap.

I'll post more later since I now have a Dauntless specifically for TTG...but the attachment is the route i started off with that let me finish with the most or all systems in the bag. It includes optimized slipstream points for a build using the Assimilated Subtranswarp EnginesObelisk Subspace Rift Warp CorePolaric Modulator, Lead Foot and preferably with diplomatic immunity, and improved sector space speed purchased in your bonus unlocks at the bottom of your skills tree. Without Diplo, it still gets me all but 2-4 systems so I'm only missing out on just 50-100k. BTW, setting engine power levels to max doesn't matter since it only applies to zone speed, just like thrill seeker or Pedal to the Metal.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]