*OLD* Elite STF Ground Squad- Into the Hive Elite *OLD*
Hi all,
  Recently I have put together some ground stfs with the fleet ( UIE- the easiest of the elites) and had my first ground PVP with Puck ( got absolutely wiped Picard Facepalm). I have seen that a lot of people are pretty good at ground- puck did 100k to me in PVP Big Grin

So I think it would be a good idea to form an STOA Elite STF ground squad- to go after the hardest of the ground STF's-in particular for the fun, challenge and the commendation for Into the Hive Elite. This is one of ( or the hardest ignoring infected ground) STF's in the game and needs some practice beforehand to get it right. 

Ideally the squad would meet up before the actual attempt and practice IHE on Advanced once or twice to iron out issues and to know the layout. So please when replying put your time zone, time usually on STO and character details. (i.e. faction, profession and lv) You will need to preferably have an TF omega reputation set ( for instant remodulation), if not then it is also OK. I for one for certainly be interested for the challenge and all the rewards...

Good Hunting,

AAAICT

p.s. This is probably not for the 5 awesome people who have already earned the commendation- you are welcome to give tips and even join in the practice sessions, which would certainly be appreciated Live Long and Prosper

Currently on the team- will be updated, see later posts

@aaaict- fed bunker engineer
@puckalish- fed offensive science
-----------------
vacant positions- Sci healer, 2x tac dpser, or tanky eng

practice session and final attempt date will hopefully be on a weekend before the end of the month
You know I'm game. BT got me up on ground in general, but I could do with learning maps and tactics on Borg STFs and all... Also just got that TR-116b, so I'd be very happy to work it out on some of those assimilated nasties.

Also, if it makes you feel better, Blackthorn had just worked me out in a 15-1 match right before ours, so I was keyed up, lol...

(04-17-2015, 09:10 PM)aaaict Wrote: p.s. This is probably not for the 5 awesome people who have already earned the commendation- you are welcome to give tips and even join in the practice sessions, which would certainly be appreciated Live Long and Prosper

Just a heads-up: Those "5 awesome people" were very lucky to be awarded under pre-Delta Rising conditions. Personally, I will try to requalify for it. Wink

Anyway, I encourage you to get BT onboard. His Ground experience will be most invaluable to your endeavour. Preparing on advanced difficulty is a good idea, to get the lay of the land. When you do it on Elite, do not stress yourselves. It will be sufficient to complete the Mission. Just don't forget to take a screenshot with UI (chat command / screenshot_ui_jpg <filename>.jpg) and submit in the Fleet Commendations Application Thread.
Yeah, I can second what TP said about luck.  It took several attempts and I'm pretty sure it was just luck that we didn't die in that final attempt.  Man that is a hard mission and I haven't done it again since.
So it looks like we have 2 people who are in. Just please confirm your professions, as we need a healer and preferably some sort of tank to revive people ( yes we will die just looking at the walkthroughs online). I will try to get BT but could you try as well Puck, as you seem to see BT more often.

So currently on the team are ( if I got that right)

@puckalish- fed offensive science (holds and stuns)
@tacpaddy(?)- unknown
---------------------------------
in the works- BT-fed offensive tac

Just need a couple more. 
(04-18-2015, 10:20 AM)aaaict Wrote: So it looks like we have 2 people who are in. Just please confirm your professions, as we need a healer and preferably some sort of tank to revive people ( yes we will die just looking at the walkthroughs online). I will try to get BT but could you try as well Puck, as you seem to see BT more often.

So currently on the team are ( if I got that right)

@puckalish- fed offensive science (holds and stuns)
@tacpaddy(?)- unknown
---------------------------------
in the works- BT-fed offensive tac

Just need a couple more. 
LOL. My statement that I will try to requalify for it, was not an immediate request to join the team effort. Wink But to satisfy your curiosity: P'[email protected]_stoa - RRF/KDF Fabrication Engineer (Chroniton Mine Barrier, Plasma Flamethrower Turret, Neutron Mortar, Shield and Medical Generators) with full Mk XIV Klingon Honor Guard Set and a Mk XIV Omega Autocarbine.
thats why I put the ? next to your name, was not sure

but thanks anyway, and nice gear
Two thoughts on BT... being halfway around the world, dude's on a bit of a different schedule. That said, I'll totally try to get him on board... I know he was looking to run KGN when I was taking off last night, so...

Another two suggestions, if they're game, would be @jamesbryce and @kukishen, who've both been getting tougher every day (which is kind of scary, really)... if you see 'em around (and I'll ask if I do, but I've been so spotty in my ability to be in game lately...)

(04-18-2015, 02:58 PM)puckalish Wrote: Two thoughts on BT... being halfway around the world, dude's on a bit of a different schedule. That said, I'll totally try to get him on board... I know he was looking to run KGN when I was taking off last night, so...

Another two suggestions, if they're game, would be @jamesbryce and @kukishen, who've both been getting tougher every day (which is kind of scary, really)... if you see 'em around (and I'll ask if I do, but I've been so spotty in my ability to be in game lately...)

What do you mean by 1/2 way around the world? The only problem would be if he is in far east Asia, as we would not be able to co-ordinate between the US and the UK and Asia at the same time well. But we all still managed to meet up yesterday at around 1700 GMT though...

on your other suggestions, you're more than welcome to try to get them on board, just give me their toon details, and afterwards we will pencil in a time and dateif they are up for it ( will likely be on the weekend)