Admiral Q&A
For all admirals...

1. What's your vision for the fleet? What kind of things would you like to see the fleet (us rank and file types) doing better or differently moving forward and what are you most proud of?

Kinda deep (sorry), pretty open-ended, have fun with it.

2. Because of all the cool projects this fleet has produced (foremost, imo, being the skill planner), what's a 3rd party tool/guide/etc. you wish existed but doesn't?

(04-09-2015, 09:29 PM)puckalish Wrote: For all admirals...

1. What's your vision for the fleet? What kind of things would you like to see the fleet (us rank and file types) doing better or differently moving forward and what are you most proud of?

2. Because of all the cool projects this fleet has produced (foremost, imo, being the skill planner), what's a 3rd party tool/guide/etc. you wish existed but doesn't?
2. Those tools weren't created by the fleet, Attilio made them. All credit has to go to him and all he has created for all of us!
In terms of what I want to see though, id like to maybe see a costume creator where you can upload your character file from the game and change the uniform etc to see what the changes would look like before you go and mess up your avatar. Complicated though lol.

1. (like how I've answered these in order?) I would love the fleet to keep growing. Of course, I just don't know how big I would like it to grow haha. The past couple of years have been amazing for the fleet and I don't want it to end. As for you guys (), I would love to see more feedback as to what we can do better for you, and what you guys want to see us do more of, and to also not be scared of @Jewmatt when he wants to PvP! He is there to help you guys learn and to enjoy PvP!

So, yeah Smile
I'd love to code up some tools to help calculate damage potential on builds, and write some more guides on damage types and build suggestions. Perhaps if I am full of free time one day I shall. 

In terms of the fleet I'd love to see more people volunteer for playing and hosting STFs, and PVP. No one gets better without challenging themselves, and the penalty for losing is only your time. 

My vision has already been surpassed lol but if I had to pick something I'd say an expansion of our KDF side. We need more active players there. Three Fed fleets to one KDF one fleet hardly seems fair.

I'd like to see members contribute more resources to projects. I've always felt that people don't realize how easy it is to fill a project if we all work together. I don't expect one person to contribute 100 duty officers, I expect 10 people to contribute 10 each, or 20 to contribute 5 each. Divide any number of resources among 20 people and it doesn't seem like a lot. The quicker projects are filled, the more opportunities people have to contribute.

The thing I'm most proud of is the fleet and all the members who have worked hard to make it this amazing place. I honestly can't pick just one thing.

(04-09-2015, 09:29 PM)puckalish Wrote: 2. Because of all the cool projects this fleet has produced (foremost, imo, being the skill planner), what's a 3rd party tool/guide/etc. you wish existed but doesn't?

Glad you like my skill planner Big Grin. I can't think of any 3rd party tools, but if this answer is acceptable I'd like for Cryptic to bring back offline messaging the way it was when the game first came out.

(04-09-2015, 10:24 PM)Attilio Wrote: I'd like for Cryptic to bring back offline messaging the way it was when the game first came out.

Omg yes, that. Im changing mine to that lol

Personally, I like to see the Legion Starbase getting completed and would appreciate any contributions in that regard. Hopefully the mass of new Delta Recruits in the Legion gets the Job done. Then of course, I like to see a message like "Sorry fellow Warrior, we would like to have you but we are full." Wink

(04-09-2015, 09:29 PM)puckalish Wrote: 2. Because of all the cool projects this fleet has produced (foremost, imo, being the skill planner), what's a 3rd party tool/guide/etc. you wish existed but doesn't?
I can't think of a 3rd Party Tool/Guide either. Except for a properly working Gateway, which shows proper Rank, proper Alliegiance, and proper Class. That would make my job with the Fleet Stats a LOT easier. Wink