Pizza
At the request of my Admiral, this lowly Captain of the Omega Fleet has deigned to simplify his pizza-making instructions from last night's chat...

I've also kind of doubled the dough recipe, because... well, if you make a bunch of dough all at once, the dough balls will keep in the fridge and then you can make a pie whenever you want.

Dough
2.5 cups all-purpose flour
2.5 cups high gluten flour/bread flour
(you can play with the above ratio to get the consistency you most like to work with)
1 tbsp-ish honey
pinch of salt (2 tsp?)
1-2 tbsp veg./olive oil
warm water
active dry yeast (Fleischmanns?)
a little bit of corn starch

Set aside about 2 cups of warm water, stir in the honey and then pour in a packet of yeast for a few minutes
Mix the flours and salt in a metal bowl (or ceramic, I guess... I always use metal)
Pour the water/yeast mixture into the flour while mixing it up all up with your hands
Add in a bit of oil and knead that dough - as you knead it, if it feels dry, add a tiny bit of water (to soften) or oil (to smooth)... if it feels too sticky, add some flour - the dough should be kind of sticky (stickier than bread dough), but should still pull away from the bowl with no problem.

Let the dough sit and rise in the bowl for about a half hour, then punch it down. Let it sit another 15, maybe, then cut it (I prefer cutting to tearing) into 4 equal-sized pieces and roll them into balls, throw 'em in the fridge and you're halfway there. (I prefer to put the dough balls on a sheet pan with corn starch to prevent sticking, then cover it with plastic wrap). The cool thing about refrigerated dough balls is that you can keep them and use them for, like, a week or so... whenever you want to make a pie.

Next up, sauce...

Sauce
EV Olive Oil
3-5 cloves of garlic
1 small onion
1 28 oz. can San Marzano (with the DOP label, not the knock-off stuff) crushed tomatoes
FRESH Basil
Oregano
Marjoram
Crushed Red Pepper
Salt (just a little, there's a fair mount in the dough)

Blend or food-process the onion, garlic and fresh basil into a green paste that smells like divinity.
The next part's fast... if you delay, you can burn the oil or the garlic/onion paste.
Heat the pan until water will sizzle upon contact, then drop in some olive oil to coat the pan and have a little extra ('cos oil == flavor). Turn down the flame to mediumish now that the pan's hot.
Quickly sprinkle of a bit of crushed red pepper in the oil.
After a quick beat, drop in the onion/garlic/basil mush into the oil, along with whatever herbs (marjoram, oregano, dried basil, saffron?, paprika?) you want and mash it up.
Once the paste gets just a pinch of color, pour in the crushed tomatoes and turn the flame down even more.
Now, salt to taste and throw some fresh basil leaves in there, because why not?

No to put too fine a point on it, but the San Marzano tomato thing is key. Real ones, with "DOP" on the label, meaning there are not only controls on the strain of tomato, but on the growing context (because the soil is so key to the flavor). If, for cost or availability, you have to use some other kind of tomatoes, add some balsamic vinegar (before cooking down), honey, or sugar to the sauce to take out some of the acidity.

Final step: The Pizza

When you're ready to make some pizza, take out a dough ball.
Prehead the oven to like 525 F.
Roll it out from the center, trying to keep it in an even circle with some build up around the edges (you can always bunch the dough around the edges if it gets thin). Watch out for holes, but try to get it mad thin for that NY style. I should be clear that I usually roll out pizza dough by hand, rather than using a roller... it gives more control and makes it easier to shape the edge.
Throw down some corn starch on a sheet pan or pizza tray and lay your beautiful dough down there.
Ladle that sauce all over the damn thing.
Sprinkle a light dusting of parmesan or mozzarella... or, for a real treat, a few slices of some fresh mozarella or, even better, fresh buffalo mozzarella (and I don't even eat cheese).

Throw the pie in that 525F oven for about 4-7 minutes (looking for the crust to turn brown and maybe just start to burn a tiny bit) and you're good to go.

Alternatively, you can use the dough to make Sicilian-style pizza or focaccia if you don't roll it out so thin. Heck, you can use it for deep dish or calzones, too, so let your imagination run wild.

Okay, final thought... this totally wasn't any shorter than my ramblings in chat last night, but... it's all in one place and it'll probably taste dope. Probably take less time to make than read, too.

Awesome now I have a recipe for hot wings and pizza!
Mal, do you want a recipe for Apple pie to go with it ? 
A calzone would be ace...
Sounds tasty, going to have to try it.
I'll take a recipe for Apple pie Big Grin
You know, if you really want pizza, you can call where I work, and have me deliver it to ya. LOL, but you have to be in Roseburg Oregon.