100.00%
18 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

STO Academy "Carrier Strike Force"
(08-11-2015, 05:53 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: First of all, thank you for reviving this thread. Wink The Carrier Strike Force is meant to comprise of full Carriers only, meaning the Carrier in question must have two Hangar Bays. Since the Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought will only have one, it doesn't qualify unfortunately.

Damn, when I saw namikaze's post in my email I was hoping that meant the new ship was going to be a t6 science focused carrier.
No worries!  I still have my Caitian Atrox.  I'm still holding out hope for a full T6 carrier that isn't the Breen one (I missed it).  Any suggestions for a great Atrox build?

(08-11-2015, 06:17 PM)eaglescoutdjb Wrote: Damn, when I saw namikaze's post in my email I was hoping that meant the new ship was going to be a t6 science focused carrier.

Sorry! I'm hoping for the same thing. The new one is close, but not quite.
I would have to give it some serious thought. First think is to get the Fleet Atrox. If you have upgraded yours to T5-U already, then you can upgrade the Fleet Atrox for free.

Other than that, here are some Fleet Caitian Atrox Carrier (T5-U) builds.
(08-11-2015, 06:19 PM)namikaze Wrote: No worries!  I still have my Caitian Atrox.  I'm still holding out hope for a full T6 carrier that isn't the Breen one (I missed it).  Any suggestions for a great Atrox build?

Sorry!  I'm hoping for the same thing.  The new one is close, but not quite.

With the Atrox's Boff and console layout I'd try a control/DPS build.  Get yourself dmgx3/pen weapons and fleet tac consoles in whatever damage type you want and embassy science consoles that boost grav and part gen with grav wells and tractor beam repulsors.  Looking at the Atrox has me thinking about trying a build with the Fleet Vo'quv Carrier.
Awesome tips, all.  I can't get the fleet Caitian yet, still an Acting Captain.  I'm going to definitely pick it up once I can though.  I definitely enjoy the effects of Gravity Well and AoE attacks (like FAW and Torpedo Spread).  I'm going to check through those builds that TacPaddy suggested and see what strikes my fancy.  As usual, my internal debate is between a beam build and torpedoes.  I know the beams will hit more frequently given their firing arcs, but the torpedoes would not require any weapons power (freeing up power for Aux, Shields, and Engines).

The last time I played my Atrox, I was heavy on Auxiliary and torpedoes, but I actually found that I had such a hard time turning that it wasn't worthwhile.  Maybe it'll be worthwhile with the Maneuverability trait and some pilot skills.

EDIT: What do you guys think of this?
I am interested in getting a carrier and I was wondering if there was a good carrier for tactical captains. While I liked playing the Obelisk Carrier in Sphere of Influence, and I am leaning towards it, the Jem'Hadar Dreanought Carrier looks to be better for tactical captains. Are there any others that I should consider?
(08-30-2015, 08:43 PM)Aiteima Wrote: I am interested in getting a carrier and I was wondering if there was a good carrier for tactical captains. While I liked playing the Obelisk Carrier in Sphere of Influence, and I am leaning towards it, the Jem'Hadar Dreanought Carrier looks to be better for tactical captains. Are there any others that I should consider?

There is also the Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnaught Carrier. It turns better then the JHDC and is slightly faster. While the JHDC's second focus lies on Engineering, the Narcine is balanced on Engineering and Science Console Slots. The same applies to the BOFF Layout with a Cmdr. Tac, Ens. Tac, Lt. Eng, Lt. Sci AND a Lcdr. Universal.
I like the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought, it's one of my favorite ships in the game, but the Xindi's Lieutenant Commander Universal is really nice too.  If you have the EC to pick up an Attack Ship or Strike Ship the Dreadnought wins hands down, the Attack Ship pets are some of the best pets in the game, but last I looked they are selling for 500 million.
Right now, I am down to the JHDC and the Xindi, but I might just wait until I can afford the JHSS or JHAS and then get the JHDC because it seems more tactical oriented, and a better fit for me. Does the JHSS let you buy the JHAS pets? The STO wiki doesn't mention it so I wasn't to be sure.

I am also considering using my fed aligned romulan engineer to tank with a carrier, instead of my tactical captain. Are there any carriers that would be easier to obtain for engineering captains?
I love Carriers