Key binds are your friend
These subjects are already on the forum but I thought I'd bring them to notice.

I'm not reinventing the wheel here all of this is said here:
1) http://hilbertguide.com/
2) http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showth...p?t=192243

A note on why this is important and Aux2Bat builds:

I use keybinds because I run an Aux2Bat build, aux2bat is a BOFF ability that dumps your bat power into your other systems. It's nice because more power to weapons, shields and engines. What's more important is that there are duty officers (Technicians) that for every activation of Aux2Bat they reduce all other Bridge officer abilities by 10%. You can equip a max of 3 technicians at a time. So with 2 aux2bat abilities and 3xTechnicians I get all my other BOFF abilities to their global cooldowns. 

The thing that sucks about this is you have to be constantly activating the aux2bat boff abilities... here's where key binds help.

I have my spacebar set such that it cycles all my aux2bat abilities and fires weapons at the same time so I don't have to do it myself. I also have my EPTs + EPTw cycle in there for 100% up time of both of those abilities. I should throw in shield distribution... but I haven't because stuff?  

How to activate key binds is in the forum link I listed "/bind_load_file filepath/spacebar.txt". I thought I'd share what my text file actually looks like and a little why:

Space "+TrayExecByTray 3 7 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 4 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 6 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 5 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 5 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 6 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 4 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 7 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll"

Notes:
1) In my 4th BOFF bar, the BOFF abilities associated with Shift, I have Sh5 = EPTs, Sh5= EPTw, Sh6=Aux2Bat, Sh7=Aux2Bat.  There's an explanation as to why the syntax is what it is in the forum post, but if you want powers 1,2,3,4 to activate you need to code it 1,2,3,4,4,3,2,1, also remember that in PC code 0 0 means bar one power one, so power 3 7 is actually bar 4 (shift), power 8.

2) The reason I start this from a aux2bat power is because I have a cloaking ship so I activate all my abilities while cloaked and alpha strike. If you don't have a cloak ship you might want to consider EPTw 1st, aux2bat 2nd, EPTS 3rd, aux2Bat 4th.

3) Because my EPTx and Aux2Bat are constantly being activated in between weapons fire, I don't have the Shift Boff abilities shown on my hud, this frees up a lot of space for my other powers, which is getting lengthy by rank 60.

4) It works best if you find/create a keybind file and add this code, machines are dumb and do what we tell them, if you load a keybind file with only this in it, all your other binds could be lost. Picard Facepalm

Hope this helps.

Feanor