Why is it that............
Hello!

I know it's been a while, but I have been thinking about you all now and then, as well as watching a lot of Voyager.  Something I have seen made me wonder, so I thought I'd start of a little bit of a tongue-in-cheek thread about those things that aren't really important to the ST universe but still don't make sense.

The thing that got me wondering was opera - why does the universal translator not translate opera?  Specially programmed to pick up singing or something?  Struck me as odd.

So, what little things have you seen in the whole ST world that makes you think "eh?"?
(01-05-2015, 06:02 PM)Monty Wrote: Hello!

I know it's been a while, but I have been thinking about you all now and then, as well as watching a lot of Voyager.  Something I have seen made me wonder, so I thought I'd start of a little bit of a tongue-in-cheek thread about those things that aren't really important to the ST universe but still don't make sense.

The thing that got me wondering was opera - why does the universal translator not translate opera?  Specially programmed to pick up singing or something?  Struck me as odd.

So, what little things have you seen in the whole ST world that makes you think "eh?"?
I have questions myself. If they got universal translators how do some aliens randomly get to speak their native language. Aren't they already speaking their native language and getting it translated?

Last question, where do they poop? Has the toilet changed any in 300 years? Lol
They do show the sonic shower, but not the loo.

Another one from voyager (watching the last season at the moment) - Kim has to get permission from the dr and janeway to get it on with one of the visiting Klingons - but did tom need the same before he could bump uglies with b'lanna? Way to make your captain awkward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk