Battle Report (STOA Combat Log Reader)
(01-04-2015, 09:13 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: seconds + (minutes*60) + (hours*3600) + (days*86400)

However, if combat passes midnight and the next day is the first day of the following month, then this formula won't work. LOL.

But I guess, it is not that simple, right? 

In that case he can throw in "if day #2<#1 then #2=#2+#1", so we get 31st day in month that has 30 days, and 32 days in months that has 31 day Wink

But yeah, trickier part is to determine total COMBAT time, not just match... at least to me that can't find a way through all data from combat.log

P.S.
Oh, it's not that hard, if we know how long each attack lasted and when it started, just sum it all to get total "combat time"...
You know what, I'll PM you so we don't clog up this thread.

Also, I just formatted the times so this should be easier to work with in excel/sheets.

(01-04-2015, 01:20 PM)Xhopeon Wrote: Oh, it's not that hard, if we know how long each attack lasted and when it started, just sum it all to get total "combat time"...

Just saw this. Unfortunately we don't know. We just have that single timestamp, which I'm guessing, is the end of the attack since it has all of the damage data.

Alright so here's something I've found for anyone who is interested. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showth...?t=1316461

The CombatLogReader has a few different ways of calculating DPS. The way I have it now is not wrong, but it is different than the reader's default setting. The default setting only counts the time when damage was being dealt, which makes sense since you're looking for DPS. Although I tested that out and I'm still getting a different amount of time lol

Time for another test. I updated combatlog_new. Here's what I changed and why.

It was calculating DPS based on the time difference between the 1st and last entry, but this doesn't account for travel or respawn times. In order to get the most accurate DPS, I think that it should only calculate your actual time causing damage. The CombatLogReader does this by default but you can change it. Now it seems like my reader does that. The combat time is extremely close to that of CombatLogReader.

In my case, it was only off by 7 seconds and I haven't figured out why, but it might be negligible.

Just out of curiosity, how long was the total combat time in your test? Wink
If I recall correctly (at work so I can't confirm) my reader gave 2 minutes 19 seconds, the program gave 2 minutes 12 seconds. Or maybe it was 3 minutes instead of 2. Something like that lol

Hm, maybe it is negligible then. Wink
I'm back, with few more results Big Grin

I've tinkered with settings of Java CLR and found "Use DPS-Channel Settings" as option.
When tested with it, it has same results as analyzing here with more time (13k DPS in 329 seconds of battle).

Testing on new Beta that you've updated gives even more DPS then Java CLR on Default (as I've been using it so far), result is less combat-time (209 seconds, JCLR shows 216) so higher DPS by around 1k.

So, to conclude about both tests:
Default one on site was as DPS-Channel, therefore usable when testing for joining the group/channel.
Newest Beta one was closest to Default JCLR settings, more accurate considering actual combat time, not match time.

My question now is, can you make it more complicated?
Can we choose under which settings do we want test our DPS?
If not, then after you decide which you will keep, put a note about it, for example "Settings for this combat log reading are..." ["almost same as for DPS-Channel"] or ["from actual combat that you've participated, not full match length"].

Jolan Tru!

And don't give up because of math, you're doing yet another great addition to site Wink
I can make it complicated, but my goal is to make it as simple as possible and provide consistent results. I feel choosing only one approach achieves both of those goals.

I think I'm going to stick with the current approach since it's the most accurate and I'll definitely put a note in there. I'll keep playing with it to see if I can eliminate those few seconds difference between mine and the Java one. If not, oh well.

When you tested my latest update, the combat time was less than the JCLR? Hmm when I tested it came out as more lol