Night of the Comet
hooo boy.... that slingshot business is frustrating as hell....well it is for me. I have read the tips a tricks and just kick it over to far or not far enough or I am not going fast enough.... I mean what the hell??? So before I got really good and ticked I logged off.... lol
The Slingshot maneuver is annoying. To be honest, I fail every single time at it. LOL. Fortunately, after your 2nd failed attempt to mission progresses anyway.
Oh good.... lol.... I was afraid I was going to be stuck there.
Here's a tip. Hold both mouse buttons down at the same time and steer your ship like that. I've found it to be easier

Picard Facepalm I always forget that. LOL
Some how I managed to get it.... now I am to the point where I have to destroy the comet while taking a beating from the Klingons.... it says not to engage them as you don't want to mess up the time line. So what... I am supposed to just keep having my ass handed to me whilst destroying the comet???
It says that, but you can feel free to kill them if it helps you. 

I got it the first time Big Grin

...don't hate lol
(11-15-2014, 12:31 AM)Sevenpenny Wrote: Some how I managed to get it.... now I am to the point where I have to destroy the comet while taking a beating from the Klingons.... it says not to engage them as you don't want to mess up the time line. So what... I am supposed to just keep having my ass handed to me whilst destroying the comet???

Don't worry you won't destroy them and concentrate on the comet.