Switching out crew....
i want to apologize to everyone if I am being a pest and asking all these questions.... however I am curious as to how to go about switching out crew members.....
Asking is the way to learn.

It depends what you mean by switching out. If you want to change an officer in a ship station or away team, use the drop down menu.

If you want to get rid of a bridge officer, click on it in the character window and at the bottom there should be a drop down menu which has an option to discharge it (make sure you take off the equipment first). Then you can add a new officer from the Candidate List in the stations tab.

Keep in mind that discharging an officer is permanent do you won't be able to use it again.

the candidates list.... I have 21 (I think that might include the ones that are on ship).... I did that Junior Officer thing and got a very rare and was thinking about getting them on the ship just wasn't sure how to go about doing that.

Also probably going to wait until level 20 to join the Fleet as it seems that would make the most difference....
By Junior Officer I assume you mean the duty officers? You can't turn them into bridge officers so you'll never be able to put them in your ship stations or away team.

What you can do with duty officers is out them into active space or ground slots through the duty officer window.

As for the fleet you can join at any time, we accept everyone. Plus you can ask questions in our private chat so you'll get answers quicker.