Asheron's Call
I recently decided I needed a break from STO... so went shopping around for something else to mess with which somehow led me to Asheron's Call.

They recently dumped the subscription model... so for $10 you get unlimited access to 15+ years of content. One of the truly unique parts to AC is that they added content every month for that 15 years. A quick pro's and con's for those who might be interested in a fantasy ish game.

Pro's:
$10 get's you a game that has 180+ content patches.
Fairly simple gameplay so younger players can pick it up and play along
Virtually no gore / adult content... so family friendly
The whole game download is about 1 gig, so you aren't stuck DLing forever

Con's:
Dated graphics, this is a game that was made with dial up in mind
Fairly low player count with a HUGE game world (I recommend frostfell)
Not much in the way of hand holding... quests don't have arrows pointing you at objectives.

All in all I'm happy with the purchase, for the price of a tier 6 ship my whole family is running around in game together and I'm not stuck explaining what needs to happen next to complete a fight. Now I may have a bit of nostalgia blinding me to the terrible graphics but as I said we're all enjoying ourselves together which is something we couldn't do in STO.
Sounds good my friend, and good to hear from you and that all is well in your world Smile
Come back to us soon, ole boy Smile
(11-08-2014, 01:07 AM)Spraque Wrote: Sounds good my friend, and good to hear from you and that all is well in your world Smile
Come back to us soon, ole boy Smile

With my back hurting all the time things that I know wouldn't normally bother me are aggravating me to no extent. So it was time to take a break before I burned out entirely.

While I may be too fat for a decent Arnold impersonation... I'll still be back. Tongue
Good to hear...I've got a detail assigned to your ships, making sure they are ship shape for your return Smile
Sometimes I need breaks from STO too (being an Admiral is tough work Tongue) and if I need something new to play, I have found neverwinter to be a lovely substitute!

We all need breaks from things from time to time, and I'm glad you've found a bit of space! Have fun, and hope to have you back in STO's cold and soulless embrace soon enough
(11-08-2014, 07:28 PM)Jstagg Wrote: Sometimes I need breaks from STO too (being an Admiral is tough work Tongue) and if I need something new to play, I have found neverwinter to be a lovely substitute!

We all need breaks from things from time to time, and I'm glad you've found a bit of space! Have fun, and hope to have you back in STO's cold and soulless embrace soon enough

I actually enjoyed Neverwinter. Managed to get a control wizard to the level cap a while back. My wife gave it a go as well but couldn't get past the "dilithium" grind and refused to spend 20+ on a pet or mount. Once she lost interest I did as well.

Unfortunately I'm back to playing absolutely nothing. The tear at S1 turned into a full blown rupture a few weeks back and even with my fancy new office chair I cant sit up for more than 20 minutes at a time. Just to twist the knife my insurance dumped out in the beginning of Dec and my private insurance wont kick in until Jan. So I lost my surgical slot and have to wait for yet another re eval before resuming treatment. In less miserable news...

My wife and daughter are thoroughly enjoying themselves. Listening to them chatter happily together in a game is awesome.