In need of guidance
... yes I realize I just started (very beginning/wet behind the ears) and am up to the part where I have to take on a few Klingon ships solo.... call me a newbie or what have you, is there something that I am missing or is part of it luck?

any response is welcomed and I thank all who do in advance!
Two questions:

1) What is the name of the mission you're having trouble with?
2) If you're finding it too hard make sure your difficulty is set to Normal. It can be found in Settings.

(10-26-2014, 12:29 PM)Attilio Wrote: Two questions:

1) What is the name of the mission you're having trouble with?
2) If you're finding it too hard make sure your difficulty is set to Normal. It can be found in Settings.
The name of the mission is Desperate Measures (Borg) 

difficulty is set to Normal....

Just wondering what I am doing wrong....
Ah one of the tutorial missions. I haven't done that in a long time, it's probably changed since I last did it lol. Nevertheless I'll try to help you. Hopefully someone who's done this recently will have a better answer than I can give lol

So what's the problem? You can't destroy them?

(10-26-2014, 02:39 PM)Sevenpenny Wrote: The name of the mission is Desperate Measures (Borg) 

difficulty is set to Normal....

Just wondering what I am doing wrong....

Just attempted it again.... it is what I am guessing would be the "boss" battle.... were you have 3 of the Borg "probes" not the spheres but ships and well they are unloading on me all at once....

I thought maybe it was because I hadn't upgraded my ship with what bits I had managed to obtain in game... no that's not it.... 

Logging off for a bit.... lunch and all that...
Typically when I had trouble with missions while leveling I would focus on destroying one ship then try to dart off and heal up. Worse case scenario I died during the process then rushed back to finish off the ship I was working on... eventually you manage to muscle your way through it.

All of that said, you may need to take another look at your boff skills and weapon load out. Using beam overload followed by a high yield or torpedo spread makes for a decent combo during the early missions. If you're having trouble surviving Hazard Emitters, Engineering Team, Science Team, and Tactical Team all make a world of difference even if you only take them at tier 1.
Whodat, this is just the tutorial mission so all those abilities aren't available.

Sevenpenny it might be a bug due to the recent update, but I'm not 100% sure.

(10-26-2014, 09:37 PM)Attilio Wrote: Whodat, this is just the tutorial mission so all those abilities aren't available.

Sevenpenny it might be a bug due to the recent update, but I'm not 100% sure.
I will see what I can do.... if I am still having problems I will give a shout.
Sounds good. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works for you.

well... I suppose if I had stuck with it and respawned I would have gotten through that easier.... lol

Any how, I made it through to the other side and now I can team with folks...