Crafting Cooperative
Ok so a few of us are starting to get higher in R&D so I thought I would start a thread for what levels we are in each school so that we know who to go to to make the different upgrade techs and gear. I am at the following:

Beams: 12 
Cannons:11
Engineering:15
Ground:10
Projectiles:10
Science:15
Shields:10
Both Glenn and Lore have Beams, Engineering, and Science at level 14 at the moment (heading to level 15).
Beardy has the following:

Beams 15
Cannons 13
Engineering 8
Ground 13
Projectiles 14

My other characters each have a mix of schools in the 12-14 range.

If anybody wants anything crafted, I'm available to do it.  Just contact me by in-game mail at @Warburton1881 and I'll let you know what materials I need.  As of 01/19/15, I have five toons who are at crafting level 13 or above in the various speciaties.  My highest levels are:

Beams --  16  (Jim Browner)
Cannons  --  16  (Jim Browner)
Engineering  --  15  (Jim Browner)
Ground Weapons  --  13 (Debbie Downing)
Projectiles  --  13  (Debbie Downing)
Science  --  16  (Jim Browner)
Shields --  14  (Barbara Riddle)

I hadn't intended to do a lot of crafting until I reached level twenty, but I get good enough results at leel 12 and above that I've started making some things I need for my ships and some to sell (on the Exchange, you can sell one level 11 very rare Antiproton weapon and get four comparable Phaser weapons, even more if you buy Tetryons.  Sell one Aegis Deflector and you can fill a Dreadnaught with very rare equipment and still have four million EC in the bamk.)  I still haven't been able to convince myself that its worth the Dilithium cost to craft level 12 items.  Maybe some day when I'm rich and famous.  

Warburton1881

I now have characters in every school above 15 or more, approaching 16-17 with some. As a side note it seems one of the best ways to make money now is to craft MkII items with the mods people want, then sell them on the exchange. Once you reach 15 in a school you're guaranteed to craft Very Rare (purple) versions of the items that can come with multiple mods. You can get a boatload of EC for MkII beams/cannons with CrtDx3 for example.

(11-16-2014, 04:41 PM)robonixon Wrote: I now have characters in every school above 15 or more, approaching 16-17 with some. As a side note it seems one of the best ways to make money now is to craft MkII items with the mods people want, then sell them on the exchange. Once you reach 15 in a school you're guaranteed to craft Very Rare (purple) versions of the items that can come with multiple mods. You can get a boatload of EC for MkII beams/cannons with CrtDx3 for example.

Excellent idea. Thanks for sharing that.
Carrier group progress report:

Beam        - 15
    Cannon     - 15

(only >=15 listed)
I have Beams almost at 18 on Beardy. I'm starting to have a pretty good chance of getting 2 beam upgrades every time when I craft superiors so there is some merit to continuing beyond 15.

Hi guys ,

So having gotten to lv 15 on shields, I was looking forward to getting my hands on a nice shiny new Aegis!

But of course cryptic have decided to be classically cryptic(!) and come up with a special aegis doff. Other than trying to get lucky with "request r and d assistance" where can I get these doffs in game (i.e. not anything remotely related to the C-store, including lock boxes and keys)???

thanks,

AAAICT
To my knowledge that DOFF is assigned to every Character that unlocks the Crafting system. It is a rare (blue) Research Lab Scientist called Gumarre (Ferengi). His specialty is R&D: Aegis. If you can't select him right now, it is possible that you have him assigned on another DOFF Assignment.