Energy Weapon Damage Types (A Primer)
Thread stickied as Energy Weapon Damages Types always have and probably always will be a point of interest. Wink
This is brilliant you should be instruting at the academy. many thanks
(03-30-2015, 09:10 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: Thread stickied as Energy Weapon Damages Types always have and probably always will be a point of interest. Wink

Very nicely condensed to give the meat of the matter! Thanks for this, it helped confirm what I was thinking for a work-in-progress build on a KDF toon.
[Image: cFqcOOp.gif]
Glad everyone is finding this useful. I updated some of the posts with the newer set bonuses and damage types.

Quick question, I have seen a few youtubers (trying to absorb all the info I can, because damn if this game isnt abit complex :p ) refer to their damage as exotic builds, does one of these damage types count as exotic or are they referring specifically to the exotic damage of abilities?
They are referring to exotic damage of abilities. No energy types to my knowledge count as "exotic" that would be boosted by skills (maybe the plasma burn added by certain plasma weapons but that is miniscule). There are a few mentioned above which add radiation damage, but this is specifically boosted by +Radiation and not +Exotic to my knowledge. This is a bit murky and is being somewhat cleaned up with the upcoming skills revamp from what I've been reading on the STO forums.

You forgot Coalition Disruptors Smile
Nope, they're at the bottom of the list for Disruptor types.

I've updated all of the damage types with links to STOwiki where possible, added all of the recent additions via story and lockboxes, and included some new links to r/STO in the first post as well for more general build help.

Think after reading that i'll stick with my disruptors, might make a sci toon with polaron next