CombatLog Reader
(01-15-2016, 09:48 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: Thank you for the hard laugh this morning, Mal. Big Grin
Hard laugh? That's what I do when I hear the Borg say "We are the Borg, you will be assimilated"
(11-23-2015, 08:06 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: http://stodps.com/sto-combat-meter/

I also suggest to use this combat log meter. This one is the official one for the channel DPS-10k, DPS-30k and the dps-ground channel. There was another parser before (the java one) but there is a dirty story behind...
In practice a small group of admins of the dps-10k channel had a disagreement with the rest of the admins. During a patch the "rebels" were able to log in the tribble and kick out all the players of the DPS-10k, 30K 100k and ground and invite them to the dps-bronze/silver/gold channel (consider also that these new channels are space oriented). This was later fixed by the DPS-10k admins (they re-invited all the kicked players back) but all the players that were previously kicked out found themselves in the bronze/silver/gold channels.
At the moment I am keeping myself far away from the silver/bronze channel and from their parser and I use only the combat meter that TP posted.
For more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/38...el_update/
(03-07-2016, 02:32 PM)ayexeyen Wrote: I also suggest to use this combat log meter.  This one is the official one for the channel DPS-10k, DPS-30k and the dps-ground channel.   There was another parser before (the java one) but there is a dirty story behind...
In practice a small group of admins of the dps-10k channel had a disagreement with the rest of the admins.  During a patch the "rebels" were able to log in the tribble and kick out all the players of the DPS-10k, 30K 100k and ground and invite them to the dps-bronze/silver/gold channel (consider also that these new channels are space oriented).  This was later fixed by the DPS-10k admins (they re-invited all the kicked players back) but all the players that were previously kicked out found themselves in the bronze/silver/gold channels.
At the moment I am keeping myself far away from the silver/bronze channel and from their parser and I use only the combat meter that TP posted.
For more info:  https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/38...el_update/

yep Ayex, if you haven't seen this thread already it already been discussed. http://forum.stoacademy.com/showthread.php?tid=3055
So is Combat Log Reader better than STO Combat Meter?
This is Acting captain Isaias Roldan Of the defiant class USS JAKE. I never really posted anything or commented on posts before and i hope that I'm using this forum correctly, as I'v noted on game chat is my first time in a fleet and i don't mind saying so at 56 years of age that took a lot of  courage for me. this combat log sounds most intriguing. please pardon my ignorance but how exactly could this piece of software help me with me tweaking my build to make it more formidable in battle. and again please let me know if I'm using this forum correctly. I welcome any advise [email protected]
Yup this is the proper use of the forum. How the combat log reader helps you is that you can see exactly what weapons are doing what amount of damage.
Let me give you an example:

You are firing at a ship and hit torp high yeild and let loose with a torp shot. Your like damm that hardly did any damage whats up with that? The CLR will show you how much dmg go though to the hull and what just harmlesy hit their shields. Granted this is only 1 example of how the CLR works.

It will show you total dmg, dps and more.

Now say you switched a weapon out and you want to see what the difference was, again CLR to the rescue.

The skill planner will help out as well as you can use it to put your current build in and post that link in the appropriate forum and get help that way as well
Quote:I also suggest to use this combat log meter.  This one is the official one for the channel DPS-10k, DPS-30k and the dps-ground channel.   There was another parser before (the java one) but there is a dirty story behind...
In practice a small group of admins of the dps-10k channel had a disagreement with the rest of the admins.  During a patch the "rebels" were able to log in the tribble and kick out all the players of the DPS-10k, 30K 100k and ground and invite them to the dps-bronze/silver/gold channel (consider also that these new channels are space oriented).  This was later fixed by the DPS-10k admins (they re-invited all the kicked players back) but all the players that were previously kicked out found themselves in the bronze/silver/gold channels.
For more info:  https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/38...el_update/

I'm just so glad nobody here is bias

"Let's just say that hypocrisy is one of my pet peeves. Having witnessed some pretty bad behavior on the part of one side of this dispute, it irked me that they were being painted as innocent victims. So I poked until more of the truth came out.
Hypocrisy on one side of an argument does not preclude hypocrisy on the other side. And I can't think of many things more hypocritical than "you guys cheat by using Recluse nannies, so we're going to cheat (in our own minds) by using a drain nanny, then covering it up to make us look like we're not hypocrites."

Beldacar
(04-15-2016, 06:28 AM)Kate Wrote: I'm just so glad nobody here is bias

"Let's just say that hypocrisy is one of my pet peeves. Having witnessed some pretty bad behavior on the part of one side of this dispute, it irked me that they were being painted as innocent victims. So I poked until more of the truth came out.
Hypocrisy on one side of an argument does not preclude hypocrisy on the other side. And I can't think of many things more hypocritical than "you guys cheat by using Recluse nannies, so we're going to cheat (in our own minds) by using a drain nanny, then covering it up to make us look like we're not hypocrites."

sorry, we've already had this discussion earlier http://forum.stoacademy.com/showthread.php?tid=3055 . Enough has already been said, let's leave this in the past please.

On another note, i personally prefer SCM among other things because I like the format better than CLR.
I use them both when I can get SCM to run
To me it's like flying different kinds of ships & I don't see a push from the clr guys to use their
program as much as I do with the SCM crowd,I applaud anyone taking the time out to
make neat things.
Throughout this whole thing,my thoughts matched what Beldacar stated in reddit &
I hate the mention of such things brings back hard feelings,
many friends,911 for one,a member of this fleet and I agreed to disagree about
what happened.I'm glad we still talked afterward,some good folk over there I miss,just not the ones who took part in the collateral damage and following fallout,so much could had been avoided.
I came here because of a CLR question,it was answered
Thank you for the great website
After a little research I found out that there are multiple different combat log readers made by different people. I use a couple of them because I found that they show some types of damage better than others and vice versa. For instance some of the pet damage(from making temporal anomalies that are considered pets) are divided up better and shown properly in one reader, while the other one divided up weapons better and shows their damage more clearly. STO Combat Meter and CLR are the two that I am using atm.