Doffs no longer mailable?
I recall that one could mail Doffs (unbound of course) from one character to another, but this seems to no longer be the case. You also can't put them in the account bank. (Why did I spend that 1000 Zen?) The only method seems to be to sell them to yourself on the Exchange, which is a pain. Was something changed recently? Thanks for any info - this is sort of bugging me.
It must have been a VERY recent change as I mailed Doffs to myself yesterday (19Sep14) and pulled them today... in fact I probably have at least 6 or 7 pieces of "mail" full of them at the moment.

I kind of thing this may be a bug but then again account bound items can no longer be mailed as of a few weeks ago. I'll try tinkering with it the next time I log in.
(09-21-2014, 12:09 AM)Whodat Wrote: It must have been a VERY recent change as I mailed Doffs to myself yesterday (19Sep14) and pulled them today... in fact I probably have at least 6 or 7 pieces of "mail" full of them at the moment.

I kind of thing this may be a bug but then again account bound items can no longer be mailed as of a few weeks ago. I'll try tinkering with it the next time I log in.
It happened to me earlier than a couple days ago - perhaps with Season 9.5, though I can't be sure. The doffs drop into the attachment slots as expected, and it even correctly prevents bound doffs from being attached, but then I send the message.... and nothing happens - no mail ever shows up (and the doffs are not removed from the roster.)

Actually, with a bit more investigation on my part, it seems that the mail system has simply stopped working for me. I can't mail anything to myself. Sad Any advice on how to followup on this?
Ok as promised I took a shot at it... apparently it's either a bug that was introduced recently or Cryptic is pushing for account bank slot sales. I'm leaning towards bug because I can't mail any items at all... tribbles, doffs, gear, nothing. And it doesn't matter who I try to mail to.

In the mean time the two of us are basically out of luck... free options include asking someone to help trade items around for you and waiting for the issue to be resolved. The paid options are to buy an account bank for roughly $10 or subscribe ( go gold ) for a month at $15 ( you get 500 zen back so it's roughly the same price ).

If you're in a pinch ask in fleet I'm sure someone will help you... otherwise I'd just wait a bit cause I wouldn't be shocked to find out it's a server load issue.
I expect it's a bug too.  Doffs are one of a couple things that cannot be sent using the  account bank to move them so I doubt that is a move to increase account bank sales, unless of course they have added the ability to move those things in the account bank.
(09-22-2014, 04:55 AM)martinison Wrote: I expect it's a bug too.  Doffs are one of a couple things that cannot be sent using the  account bank to move them so I doubt that is a move to increase account bank sales, unless of course they have added the ability to move those things in the account bank.
With more testing I discovered that I can mail items (Doffs, commodities, etc...) to another person - I just can't mail anything to myself. I did get an account bank - and it does not accept Doffs.

So, I can mail them to another player. (Like... my son who lives with us.) I can also sell them to myself on the exchange. (A pain compared to simply mailing them.)

Thanks for your assistance - at least I know where I stand. I suppose, in the end, it's a 1st world problem. Confused
Have you tried to use only your @handle as recipient?
It looks like the bug has been cleared up... I was able to mail items / doffs again as of last night 26Sep14.