need build advice for improvement.
hi everyone my first post here with a build i would like to get some advice on for improvement. i have just about filled everything out for you guys 100% so if possible maybe take a look at everything skill tree setup, traits, and doffs, and of course my ship loadout. also for doffs im not like super rich so i cant afford zemoks atm i wish i could but i cant but heres the link the build as it is now parses 13k in elite stf it is strictly pve all the details are in the description and notes in the build thanks in advance!!!!Big Grin

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?buil...aheat_7826

p.s. the cannons are Very Rare it just didn't give me a option to select vrBig Grin
(08-17-2014, 04:20 AM)trekkiealltheway Wrote: hi everyone my first post here with a build i would like to get some advice on for improvement. i have just about filled everything out for you guys 100% so if possible maybe take a look at everything skill tree setup, traits, and doffs, and of course my ship loadout. also for doffs im not like super rich so i cant afford zemoks atm i wish i could but i cant but heres the link the build as it is now parses 13k in elite stf it is strictly pve all the details are in the description and notes in the build thanks in advance!!!!Big Grin

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?buil...aheat_7826

p.s. the cannons are Very Rare it just didn't give me a option to select vrBig Grin
Hey there Smile
First think i noticed is that you're using aux2bat 2 times so you probably got the cooldown reduction on your skills. If so then don't slot your tac skills twice, don't need that. If you haven't got cooldown reduction then forget about aux2bat.
2nd: if your going for pure dps then i got to say your build is way too random. The heavy turret has less dps than a normal one. Phased biomatter have less than fleet weapons. You might use full counter command weaponry for the proc bonus and then use biomolecular phaser, think it's then a 4,5% chance to deal extra radiation dmg (shield penetrating) which would also replace the gravimetric with the enhanced bio torp (has untargetable heavy torp also with nice proc).
3rd: exchanging about 2 locator with exploiter. My personal thing so do as you like.
4th: why do you use the Proton particle stabilizer? There might be a very good reason but i don't get it. I would replace it with the temporal console if you got one. If not and assuming you got an aux2bat build an eps console will help transfering the aux to all other systems faster and your weapon energy will recover even faster. If you don't like that idea either i'd say the fleet rcs will do.
5th and most important: Where. The. Fuck. Is. Your. Kinetic. Cutting. Beam?! You want the 2 set bonus! You. Want. It. No need to explain why. Just do it. Now.
Greetings NDGR
(08-17-2014, 09:19 AM)NDGR Wrote: Hey there Smile
First think i noticed is that you're using aux2bat 2 times so you probably got the cooldown reduction on your skills. If so then don't slot your tac skills twice, don't need that. If you haven't got cooldown reduction then forget about aux2bat.
2nd: if your going for pure dps then i got to say your build is way too random. The heavy turret has less dps than a normal one. Phased biomatter have less than fleet weapons. You might use full counter command weaponry for the proc bonus and then use biomolecular phaser, think it's then a 4,5% chance to deal extra radiation dmg (shield penetrating) which would also replace the gravimetric with the enhanced bio torp (has untargetable heavy torp also with nice proc).
3rd: exchanging about 2 locator with exploiter. My personal thing so do as you like.
4th: why do you use the Proton particle stabilizer? There might be a very good reason but i don't get it. I would replace it with the temporal console if you got one. If not and assuming you got an aux2bat build an eps console will help transfering the aux to all other systems faster and your weapon energy will recover even faster. If you don't like that idea either i'd say the fleet rcs will do.
5th and most important: Where. The. Fuck. Is. Your. Kinetic. Cutting. Beam?! You want the 2 set bonus! You. Want. It. No need to explain why. Just do it. Now.
Greetings NDGR

1: ok so only run one set of a2b skills what would you suggest i replace the other skills with?

2: i was using kinetic cutting beam but mainly was just experimenting with different things.

3: ill mess around with this some more with tac consoles

4: someone in the sto forums suggested i use all rep consoles to get as much 2pc bonuses i can get for dmg/dps so thats why i use alot of the rep consoles

5: haha ok

thanks for the input will do some messin around

EDIT: btw does anyone have a suggestion on my skill tree it should be in the build thanks
(08-17-2014, 12:42 PM)trekkiealltheway Wrote: 1: ok so only run one set of a2b skills what would you suggest i replace the other skills with?

2: i was using kinetic cutting beam but mainly was just experimenting with different things.

3: ill mess around with this some more with tac consoles

4: someone in the sto forums suggested i use all rep consoles to get as much 2pc bonuses i can get for dmg/dps so thats why i use alot of the rep consoles

5: haha ok

thanks for the input will do some messin around

EDIT: btw does anyone have a suggestion on my skill tree it should be in the build thanks
Just looked over your updated build, seems way better now. Here's my idea to improve your boff skills: exchange one eng team with Power to shields; transfer shields with hazard 2 and hazard 1 with polarized hull 1 for hold resist. APB has to go for APO or rapid fire to boost up single target dmg.