1. First off, go gather as many of the old data samples and particle traces as you can. You can trade them in for random new materials for crafting.
2. Go to the clusters and do all the scanning you can for data samples because as of Season 9.5, there will be no clusters to fly in. (Don't ask what happened to Explore New Worlds)
3. It appears that in systems when you scan an anomaly the type of data in it is blatantly told to you and is constant each time you go there (For Example Rhea System in Sirius always has Magnesite).
4. It appears the only benefit of having done crafting before and leveled it up is that if you made the Aegis set, it is automatically updated with the new version of the set.
5. The higher the Mk you're making an item, the more items it takes to make but also the longer the project takes to finish. You can rush it immediately by paying dilithium (For a Mk IV item that would take an hour, it costs 900 dil to rush)
6. Ranking up takes FOREVER. Getting from Rank 0-1 and 1-2 didn't take but a few minutes but getting from 2-3 will take awhile as the exp required each level seems to go up exponentially.
Anyways here was my two cents on what I saw. Have a good time!