Season 9.5 enroute. Redshirt Test Server re-opened
Hi Guys,

I just recognized, that the Redshirt Test Server is open again. Looks like it will be used for Season 9 Patches, while Tribble is going to be used for testing of Season 9.5. Already has a 3+ GB Patch on it.

If you want to minimize download times when Season 9.5 is released, I recommend to patch Tribble regularly in the next few weeks. This way, you'll almost get an instant update. I've done this for Season 7, Legacy of Romulus, Season 8 and Season 9.

Live Long and Prosper
TP
(06-20-2014, 12:59 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: Hi Guys,

I just recognized, that the Redshirt Test Server is open again. Looks like it will be used for Season 9 Patches, while Tribble is going to be used for testing of Season 9.5. Already has a 3+ GB Patch on it.

If you want to minimize download times when Season 9.5 is released, I recommend to patch Tribble regularly in the next few weeks. This way, you'll almost get an instant update. I've done this for Season 7, Legacy of Romulus, Season 8 and Season 9.

Live Long and Prosper
TP
Sorry if i missed this somewhere but how do you get access to the Test servers?
First you need to transfer a Character from the Holodeck Server to either the Tribble or the Redshirt Test Server. New content is usually tested on the Tribble Test Server.

You can transfer Characters here.

Please note, that the Test Server are not always open to all Players. In the past, the Test Server happened to be accessible only by Gold Members.
Rather undecided on the new crafting system which has been the main focus of my test server time. On one hand it seems much better thought out than the current system (not that its hard to beat, my 3 year old niece could beat the current system) but it doesnt seem worth it given how easily accessible gear is elsewhere :/
Well apparently we'll be able to craft gear that isn't accessible anywhere else

I'm in a wait and see mode right now on crafting. There is still time for them to get feedback and make tweaks to improve on the negative aspects. My biggest concern is the random nature of the system, which I think is probably the biggest complaint in the feedback threads. Nobody is going to want to invest 20K dilithium for a random chance at an item that may or may not be very rare with completely random mods. Why bother when you can get exactly what you want from the fleet store or reps for roughly the same cost. I am interested in seeing what kind of exclusive gear you'll be able to craft though. That is the one thing that could make it worthwhile.
http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/st...il/6001993

Here's a rundown of the types of new items which can be made, for those of us who haven't checked out Redshirt/Tribble yet.

While I am not very thrilled about the updated Aegis Set, I do like the increased Firing Arcs on the DHC and Beam Array. Also the Science and Engineering Consoles are nice. I wonder if those Trait unlocks will be passive or if need to be slotted.

However, after testing the new Crafting on Tribble, it seems to be a very tire some effort to get to Level 15 in any school. Also, I wonder how people get compensated for having maxed out the current Crafting system. I think, it would be best if they introduce special projects to turn in your previously earned experience to get a head start in any schools of our choice. That would be nice.
Looks like they are starting to make adjustments to make it more appealing. They are lowering the dilithium cost considerably according to the tribble patch notes. I'm hoping they also take out the randomness of the mods, but who knows at this point. This reminds me a bit of the rep system when that was first launched on tribble. There was originally a large dilithium cost involved in leveling up. Of course that got horribly negative feedback so they eventually eliminated that completely, leaving only the equipment projects with dilithium costs.
How fortunate, that I updated Tribble regularly in the last weeks. That will make pre-patching less of an ordeal. Wink