Tactical Officer Carrier piloting
(02-04-2014, 07:35 PM)nankura Wrote: this is kinda what i said in my first post bugs me. i hate when people tell me "this class is for this ship" its highly annoying. because i have a tac officer. i dont want to level another character just for one ship, i want to grab a ship, i want to jump into it, and i want to use it because thats what i want

no offence to you intended btw, i know ur just saying what you know. im just saying i cant stand it

The Jem'Hadar ship costs lobi crystals. which comes from lockbox's. real money i dont have, the obelisk costs 2 fleet ship modules, which i can buy with EC.

So the obelisk is more attractive to me
FYI the Jem Dread also costs EC (how I got both of mine), it just costs more.

Bottom line is we all play the game for fun - play the ships you want and not the ships people tell you to. I have an (Advanced) Obelisk and I do some good damage and have a hell of a lot of fun. Now, am I going to stop using it because someone tells me as a Tac I should go back to my Jem Dread/HECs? Of course not.
(02-04-2014, 07:35 PM)nankura Wrote: no offence to you intended btw, i know ur just saying what you know. im just saying i cant stand it
Just to pick up on this in particular...

People who say use certain carriers as a tac have a slight point in that some classes of captain are aligned to some ships better but that is just the nature of the beast. At the end of the day tacs are there to do damage and some carriers will deal damage (at least conventional damage) better than others in a way for tacs to capitalise on. but the beauty of the game is that if you work hard enough on a build you can make any captain work in just about any ship. You can't really ask for advice and not expect people to give the default of 'you're a tac, use a tactically orientated carrier' because as much as I personally ignore that and go for fun builds I still see they have a very valid point of view so don't dismiss it so easily.
well thankyou all for the advice. i chose the obelisk carrier and i absolutely love it ^^
(02-04-2014, 07:35 PM)nankura Wrote: this is kinda what i said in my first post bugs me. i hate when people tell me "this class is for this ship" its highly annoying. because i have a tac officer. i dont want to level another character just for one ship, i want to grab a ship, i want to jump into it, and i want to use it because thats what i want

no offence to you intended btw, i know ur just saying what you know. im just saying i cant stand it

The Jem'Hadar ship costs lobi crystals. which comes from lockbox's. real money i dont have, the obelisk costs 2 fleet ship modules, which i can buy with EC.

So the obelisk is more attractive to me
Absolutely. I am a huge advocate of playing your game your own way! A lot of people ask for help and it's cool to say this that or the other to get them in the right direction. Once they have done that, then you make your own way of doing things. If you want to use a cruiser, then do it! Big Grin