New Idea for Foundry mission-Borg/Dominion War.
Hey there folks , I have an idea for a Foundry mission

It came to me while I was thinking , who would win in a fight...the Dominion or the Borg?

Then I started thinking how would this happen, and why, etc.

And it got me thinking , maybe the Borg , unsatisfied with it's attempts to assimilate and defeat the Federation , has turned it's direction towards the latest War the Federation almost lost to. So the Borg begins to study and analyze the information of the Dominion War with the Federation , and realize the MASSIVE gains they could get from the assimilation and conquer of the Dominion and the technology they have. Imagine if you will , thousands of Jem'Hadar not reliant on ketracel-white, With the ability to shroud , assimilate , shroud again , and move on. A deadly force indeed.

Starfleet long range probes pick up the first encounter between the two factions.

And what they see is a devastating battle resulting in massive damage to a Jem'Hadar fleet and a Borg Cube ...moving on , damaged , but in persuit of the remaining Jem'Hadar ships. The Borg / Dominion War has begun.

Section 31 and Starfleet suggest that if the Borg win this conflict , it in turn will aggressively turn it's direction towards the Alpha Quadrant and the Federation. But they are also wanting to see how this war turns out , so they agree to help fleeing species caught up in the war , and to double the ships patrolling on the out skirts of the battlegrounds and Starfleet bases.

How will the Dominion retaliate to this on coming threat? How will the Borg respond to the Dominion known kamikaze tactics when all else fails in their battles? Is this going to be one of the most massive battles partaken from both sides? Or a quick , devastating , maneuver from the Borg ? And what of the Founders? Can they be assimilated? They can be infected by a virus ... so the Borg might see something there ..Shapeshifting Borg..now THAT is a scary thought ...isn't it?

So please ..I have ideas , and was wondering how we can turn this into a MASSIVE space epic that I always thought it could be.
Well, their is a webspace dedicated to the Foundry. It is called starbaseugc.com and it holds several Tutorials to learn about the Foundry.
I suggest, you take a look and embark on the adventure of creating a Foundry mission to your likings. Btw, I could be wrong know, but I think I have seen assimilated Jem'Hadar Drones before. So this could work in your favor. However, the Foundry has limits and require some creativity to overcome them. Wink
(01-16-2014, 08:55 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: Well, their is a webspace dedicated to the Foundry. It is called starbaseugc.com and it holds several Tutorials to learn about the Foundry.
I suggest, you take a look and embark on the adventure of creating a Foundry mission to your likings. Btw, I could be wrong know, but I think I have seen assimilated Jem'Hadar Drones before. So this could work in your favor. However, the Foundry has limits and require some creativity to overcome them. Wink
Thanks TacPaddy, love hearing from you and hope that I can make this storyline a good one!
(01-16-2014, 11:06 AM)andyhall23 Wrote: Thanks TacPaddy, love hearing from you and hope that I can make this storyline a good one!
I'm sure, you will come up with nice results. If you need beta-testers, let us know. Wink
At first, when I read the title, I wasn't convinced...I was wondering how and even why it would happen...

Once I read the thread though, you have some good insight, and have clearly thought this through, more than most people would (and I have seen some truely bullocks ideas in my time...).

Take paddy's advice and check out that sight. I am really looking forward to seeing what you make of it!
Jim...what!? Lol

Thats also a frighteningly accurate representation of what I would say also haha
Thanks for all the kind feed back so far ... I'm thinking that the way it might start off ...you get called to DS9 ...

Into that conference room or something that was in that Dominion story ...and get shown footage of a Jem'Hadar ship coming out of the wormhole ...badly damaged ...the contact with the ship and the interaction between an investigating Defiant and the damaged vessel. You get to or hear the audio of

"We were attacked , we tried to regain our lives in battle ...but the ...the Borg are coming..."

Have the footage something like this ...

but without the Cardassian ships.

Franklin Drake and a higher up within the Federation go on about how to proceed with helping the outskirt civilizations escaping the oncoming war between the two factions.

Some idea dialogue maybe : " you've seen what happens when fleets of Jem'Hadar come through that wormhole , it didn't seem as hopeless because we knew that there was some sort of diplomacy we could attempt. The Borg will not attempt diplomacy , they will just keep coming , pouring out of the Gamma quadrant ...a quadrant of space , we don't have a foothold in or presence in. Now imagine those Jem'Hadar coming out of that Wormhole next time are Borg ...and they just keep coming ? I don't think even the combined might of the whole Alpha Quadrant would be able to stop them...Borg Jem'Hadar could land...be cloaked ...assimilate people ...and move on, and you can forget hand to hand combat with them , you think that a Jem'Hadar was strong before ? Now a Borg Drone , it wouldn't need the White , it would just keep coming and coming. And if we think we have the upper hand , they'll just start ramming Borg Cubes into problems , Imagine that mind set put into the collective? And that's not even mentioning if they find a way to assimilate the Founders.."

Maybe start seeing if there could be some diplomacy between the Dominion and the Federation ? Have it build up to something massive...I could see this being a long drawn out war ...spanning some episodes for sure.

Ok folks ...to go along with this story line...this would be a good representation of Star Trek space right?
(01-16-2014, 07:16 PM)andyhall23 Wrote: ... You get to or hear the audio of
"We were attacked , we tried to regain our lives in battle ...but the ...the Borg are coming..." ...
And there we have the limitations of the Foundry. You can't add voice-over or Cutscenes. At least not yet. Smile

Other then that, sounds like a plan. Like I suggested, familiarize yourself with the Foundry and get started. Smile