Introductions
Starfleet

Hey there everyone, Inful here, or Jay outside of the gaming world. A little about myself, almost 40, live in Wisconsin, USA and a truck driver. I check in Monday through Friday, but the majority of my time available is weekends. I have played many MMO's, MMORPG's, RPG's and various sims and real time strategy games. I am greatful that I was accepted into the STO Academy, I am currently in the Militia Fleet. I am currently following the Engineering career path and I am  piloting a Federation Assault Cruiser, USS Green Bay, If you see me out there hit me up, I am enjoying Breach runs however I am looking forward to other fleet runs as well.

Welcome to the fleet. From the interaction I have had with you so far, you seem like a good fit with us
(03-24-2016, 12:22 AM)Kenthend Wrote: Welcome to the fleet. From the interaction I have had with you so far, you seem like a good fit with us

Thanks Kenthend, I am enjoying myself with the fleet and everyone within the fleet has been very helpful. I look forward to more adventures with everyone.

Hi all...I just joined Infinity a couple of days ago and am figuring out how this whole fleet thing works.

I have leveled characters to and past 50 several times in STO (I started playing about when the game first released) but I've never participated in much in the way of the end game.  My cycle tends to be, come back to the game, level a character, get through the storyline, say "now what?", and come back a year later.  I'm trying to break that cycle. Smile

Right now I'm closing in on level 59 so I can finish up the Iconian War storyline.  My main is named Jon Harmon, I captain the USS Robert E. Lee, an Odyssey Operations Cruiser (one of the best-looking ships in the game IMO) and am an Engineering officer (I like cruisers so every Starfleet character I've leveled so far has been engineering).  I have no idea whatsoever how to do builds or anything for the "end game" or advanced/elite missions, anytime I'm in a battlezone or open mission my poor Marse Robert tends to be doing about a zillionth the damage of all the other ships around me and falls apart if a Borg looks at it wrong.  Basically, I'm a 400-day veteran level 58.9 noob. Smile

Looking forward to getting into fleet things and participating, I'm @J.Harmon in-game.  Thanks all!
Welcome aboard moose004, glad to have you. Ask around the STOA Chat channel and I know you'll find someone who's willing to give you a hand working up your build. We tend to help one another a lot in STO Academy, and there are plenty of very helpful and friendly folks!

Hopefully see you in-game Smile
(03-30-2016, 12:11 AM)moose004 Wrote:   I have no idea whatsoever how to do builds or anything for the "end game" or advanced/elite missions, anytime I'm in a battlezone or open mission my poor Marse Robert tends to be doing about a zillionth the damage of all the other ships around me and falls apart if a Borg looks at it wrong.  Basically, I'm a 400-day veteran level 58.9 noob. Smile

Looking forward to getting into fleet things and participating, I'm @J.Harmon in-game.  Thanks all!

Haha, don't worry we were all like that at some time or another- to echo Cpc2011, just ask around in the STO Academy chat where you'll receive help from nice and knowledgable people if you need it. Look forward to seeing you around, and welcome to infinity. Smile

@aaaict
Hey there,

Just dropping a word to introduce myself.  Been gaming MMO since SWG ( pre-combat update for those who know )  I must say though that I know about nothing as to builds.  All I know, is that I am enjoying those space mission, even though I do 1/10 the dmg of other people Tongue
Peace, new STOAliens...
I'm just dropping in to reintroduce myself a bit. I'm Puck... usually on my main (Natal, who's in Omega)...
I used to play a bit last year, but my time is cut more short and, on top of that, the lack of support for the OSX client (don't laugh) makes it a little challenging to stay in games at times.

That said, I'll be trying to pop up once or twice a month to say hi. If you do have any questions or want anything crafted, lemme know... I'm about at 15 in all my schools and I used to be alright (for a science guy). Oh, yeah, and always game for a little PvP if the game client isn't acting up.

Happy weekend, everyone,

Hi

I thought I would introduce myself Smile I am pretty new to the type of game STO is but i am enjoying it. 

I am River Song in the Fed (eng)  she flies the tardis (59)
Amy Pond (kdf Tac) flies the war doctor (20)
  and Rory Williams (sci rom) flies the galifrey (20)
Notice a doctor who theme here Smile    TNG and Voy were my favorite trek shows.   I have learned alot so far especially last night. I hope to learn alot more to. I will post my build at some point (the page seems to be down right now). I am usually around alot

Have a great weekend everyone.  Starfleet Live Long and Prosper
(04-09-2016, 03:24 PM)puckalish Wrote: Peace, new STOAliens...
I'm just dropping in to reintroduce myself a bit. I'm Puck... usually on my main (Natal, who's in Omega)...
I used to play a bit last year, but my time is cut more short and, on top of that, the lack of support for the OSX client (don't laugh) makes it a little challenging to stay in games at times.

Puck welcome back! You don't need to reintroduce yourself- might have borrowed a couple of your pvp tricks in your absence that I remember you loved using- (I still hate that ice) Big Grin 

Have you seen my thread in here about using PlayonMac to run STO? http://forum.stoacademy.com/showthread.php?tid=3198 Works fine on my rather old mac, you might want to give it a go. Im a computer noob, but if there is any help you need give me a shout.