Respecs are good for the soul. And your skill points.
Hey folks, hoping this is vaguely placed in the right area. Since I wanted this to be of benefit to the fleet I've put it here anyways.

I started doing some research a week or two ago regarding a respec on my KDF engineer and after asking some friends who were online in-game we all got to a point where we asked each other: what does this skill really do for me? Since no one could answer, I took to the internet and came across the following data that has been collected by some kind and time-wealthy STO players.

http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skill%20...ffects.htm

Basically, they have used what I suspect are quite a few respecs and decided to find out the real world implications of your skills numbers. Whilst some of you probably already know the general benefits of skills (Flow Capacitors is well know thanks to Plasmonic Leech, for example) this goes to the trouble of showing you on a per-point basis what your skills points do for your build. Popular choices such as Warp Core Potential become less appealing when you really look at the in-game values.

Food for thought, when you decide to do your next respec!

Live Long and Prosper
Looking forward to getting my geek on with this information later! Ty

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Okay, I took the shot and respec'd. It freed 30,000 Skill Points which I evenly distributed to Flow Capacitors, Graviton Generators and Particle Generators. My Tulwar has now 166 Flow Capacitors and 205 Particle Generators. Thanks for the Post, Connar.
That chart has been around for awhile, and from what my personal testing has found, the numbers are pretty accurate. The turn rates will vary due to different ships, but like the power drain from full impulse and driver coil will stay the same, ie the more driver coil you have the less power drain occurs when you hit full impulse. Warp Core Potential is accurate as far as I can tell, suffered no loss in power dropping from 9pts to 6pts in the skill. Overall it's a good "guide" to go by when deciding where you want to put what and how much.

I had no idea how long it had been around or if folks had seen it already but since it was something of an eye opener I figured I'd share it regardless. Until now I was very happy with my latest respec which concentrated on completely and utterly maximising dps, criticals and the like but seeing the actual in-game values means I can get back some of my much missed survivability (Kumari, I'm looking at you) and still have a competitive, high dps/critical build Smile

Glad people are finding it useful already, I shared it in the STOA channel last night as I was posting and I know others are planning to respec aswell.
Old information is only not worth sharing when it's wrong! The fact that this is old and still jolly useful makes it gold

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I can confirm that I made my build a lot more effective after discussing this in chat and respeccing accordingly. Thanks for sharing.
(09-17-2013, 12:53 AM)robonixon Wrote: I can confirm that I made my build a lot more effective after discussing this in chat and respeccing accordingly. Thanks for sharing.
Glad it was of use to you! Smile