Character Goal advice / suggestions
Hey Chris... what level is the Aegis set? I don't remember seeing one when I was looking the set up.
(05-12-2013, 01:52 PM)Hijaak Wrote: Hey Chris... what level is the Aegis set? I don't remember seeing one when I was looking the set up.
There are no level-restrictions for the Aegis Technological Research Set. It levels with the Player. So crafting an Aegis Set for a new Romulan Character is actually a brilliant move.

EDIT: Despite what the STO Wiki-Article suggests, you NEED to be at least Level 40 in order to use the set. I'm sorry about the mis-information.
Is it bound to char on equip, or account?
(05-12-2013, 06:21 PM)Monty Wrote: Is it bound to char on equip, or account?
Bound to Character on Equip.
(05-12-2013, 02:18 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: There are no level-restrictions for the Aegis Technological Research Set. It levels with the Player. So crafting an Aegis Set for a new Romulan Character is actually a brilliant move.
Thats actually a really good idea now that you mention it. Perhaps I should do this for mine.
WOW, Thanks for the reply TP!!! I am TOTALLY getting those for my Romulan. I truly appreciate how helpful and fun you guys are, it totally makes this game even more awesome.
(05-12-2013, 08:32 PM)Hijaak Wrote: WOW, Thanks for the reply TP!!! I am TOTALLY getting those for my Romulan. I truly appreciate how helpful and fun you guys are, it totally makes this game even more awesome.
If you are going to craft it, then be sure to do so during the "Time to Craft" events. It will save you 20% on common and uncommon unreplicable materials. This means saving 11,090 refined Dilithium.
So I went to make the Aegis set to transfer over when the romulans get released and noticed that you have to be Rear Admiral to use it. Are you sure your talking about that set or just miss the restriction? I know I had forgotten it had one.
Yeah, never thought of that...I have a big stock of materials, I'll see if I can make a set!
(05-12-2013, 08:57 PM)Blakmage86 Wrote: So I went to make the Aegis set to transfer over when the romulans get released and noticed that you have to be Rear Admiral to use it. Are you sure your talking about that set or just miss the restriction? I know I had forgotten it had one.
I just created a new Character in order to check this. Unfortunately you are absolutely correct. The STO Wiki-article suggested no level-restriction, but in fact you really need to be at least Level 40 in order to use the Aegis Set.

I am truly sorry for the mis-information on my part.