STO Academy Armada - Revamp
We haven't.

But it isn't because we don't want to. This is pretty much 100% down to scheduling between me and Attilio but if there is a wider desire for one then we wouldn't be opposed to it.

We'll have a think on it.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
Document has been updated to include the introduction of the Foundry Expedition Ribbon.

This will be a requirement for the rank of Fleet Commodore.

I think it was a good suggestion to add Foundry Spotlight missions into the overall episode awards, but with feedback about there perhaps not being enough awards we will introduce this into the new cycle.

It is important to us to give the fleet a variety of means to not only earn awards, but to play with each other to earn them, and thus instead of just implementing Foundry Spotlight missions into the episode awards we felt this would be a viable solution to both "issues."

Let us know what you think about the update, and any other feedback you might have about the overall revamp
(01-25-2019, 03:25 PM)James Wrote: Document has been updated to include the introduction of the Foundry Expedition Ribbon.

This will be a requirement for the rank of Fleet Commodore.

I think it was a good suggestion to add Foundry Spotlight missions into the overall episode awards, but with feedback about there perhaps not being enough awards we will introduce this into the new cycle.

It is important to us to give the fleet a variety of means to not only earn awards, but to play with each other to earn them, and thus instead of just implementing Foundry Spotlight missions into the episode awards we felt this would be a viable solution to both "issues."

Let us know what you think about the update, and any other feedback you might have about the overall revamp
Although my idea with the Foundry was quite nice, it will not work in the current state of the game. I honestly forgeot, that the game will not allow you to join a Foundry mission together as a team. Each team member would wind up in their own instance of the mission.
Here is a radical idea. I know, what else is new?  Big Grin

How about everyone below Vice Admiral rank requalifies for their rank? Here is how it could work:

1. Everyones rank will be recorded for later comparison.
  2. On the day, when the revamp goes into effect, everyone is busted down to Commander. It shouldn't be a problem using chat command scripts. If needed, I offer my help with automating this. Using Google Spreadsheets for simplicity.  Wink
  3. Previous efforts regarding Fleet holding contributions and fleet runs of TFOs are considered in the progress towards the previous rank, but there will be no need for a recommendation. Those will only be needed to achieve ranks higher than the previous ones.
Granted, this may seem harsh/crazy/<insert adjective here> at first, but what is the harm? Everyone will still have access to the fleet stores. Also let's be honest about the Fleet bank, it's a dumpster. Almost nobody cares about it, so it will be of no real consequence what access rights you have to it.
The members who want their rank for prestige, will gladly engage in activities with their fleet mates to meet the requirements of their previous ranks. I know, I would. This may be an optimistic assumption, but I have faith in a fresh new start for the Armada and its members.

In a way, it's a step towards the greater good of the Armada. At least from my perspective. Wink
(01-26-2019, 09:33 PM)Parakema Wrote: Although my idea with the Foundry was quite nice, it will not work in the current state of the game. I honestly forgeot, that the game will not allow you to join a Foundry mission together as a team. Each team member would wind up in their own instance of the mission.
It seems we forgot as well then!

Not to worry.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
(01-26-2019, 09:53 PM)Parakema Wrote: Here is a radical idea. I know, what else is new?  Big Grin

How about everyone below Vice Admiral rank requalifies for their rank? Here is how it could work:

1. Everyones rank will be recorded for later comparison.
  2. On the day, when the revamp goes into effect, everyone is busted down to Commander. It shouldn't be a problem using chat command scripts. If needed, I offer my help with automating this. Using Google Spreadsheets for simplicity.  Wink
  3. Previous efforts regarding Fleet holding contributions and fleet runs of TFOs are considered in the progress towards the previous rank, but there will be no need for a recommendation. Those will only be needed to achieve ranks higher than the previous ones.
Granted, this may seem harsh/crazy/<insert adjective here> at first, but what is the harm? Everyone will still have access to the fleet stores. Also let's be honest about the Fleet bank, it's a dumpster. Almost nobody cares about it, so it will be of no real consequence what access rights you have to it.
The members who want their rank for prestige, will gladly engage in activities with their fleet mates to meet the requirements of their previous ranks. I know, I would. This may be an optimistic assumption, but I have faith in a fresh new start for the Armada and its members.

In a way, it's a step towards the greater good of the Armada. At least from my perspective. Wink

I understand what you're saying and you're not wrong. We're most likely not going to do this, however I will be comparing current ranks to the new requirements for personal knowledge. If I notice major discrepancies I may recommend something similar, but I'm not anticipating that happening.

looks well thought out. lets start to implement it i'd say. going to be interesting to see how it all will pan out Smile

I am excited about the changes.  I have had a difficult time finding fleet members to complete the current commendations.  The push for fleet gameplay is certainly appreciated!  Smile
So I know I am new to the forums and to the commendations. I am not nearly as versed in the history of the fleet as the rest of you but I have been playing since launch. I have read the document a few times now and would like to offer some praise and some very humble suggestions.

Praise: 
  • Well done, well thought out and clearly establishes action plans to the mission statement. Love it.
  • Focus on interaction, again, love it. 
Humble Suggestions: 
  • Award for fleet event participation? An old fleet I'm still a member does a squad of the month, basically, show up run some missions together, get activity recorded on discord, largest squad wins bragging rights and a ribbon at the end. Repeat next month. It encourages activity, gets people the ability to run missions/TFOs/PvP together. We even have a drawing for a prize (T5 or T6 ship usually). 
  • Perhaps other, smaller, content related awards, things people can apply for based on in-game content (all damage accolades or Nemesis or whatever). Small rewards are sometimes useful for drawing people in and getting them involved.
  • Some type of reward or commendation that promotes discord activity (beyond joining the channel).
Again these are offered entirely out of the desire to help and may have been discussed already. Feel free to disregard or toss these out as the ramblings of a madman.
Thanks for the praise and the suggestions.

(01-28-2019, 05:38 AM)roninuta Wrote:
  • Award for fleet event participation? An old fleet I'm still a member does a squad of the month, basically, show up run some missions together, get activity recorded on discord, largest squad wins bragging rights and a ribbon at the end. Repeat next month. It encourages activity, gets people the ability to run missions/TFOs/PvP together. We even have a drawing for a prize (T5 or T6 ship usually).

I like this idea. Fleet events are something we definitely need to improve upon.

(01-28-2019, 05:38 AM)roninuta Wrote:
  • Perhaps other, smaller, content related awards, things people can apply for based on in-game content (all damage accolades or Nemesis or whatever). Small rewards are sometimes useful for drawing people in and getting them involved.
  • Some type of reward or commendation that promotes discord activity (beyond joining the channel).

We currently have commendations for smaller accomplishments but decided that awards which are more focused on group related activities are more important. Although we have talked about long-term awards which won't be directly tied in to promotions, so perhaps something like those and the discord activity could be used for those.