General Korok Badge of Liberation
Morning Fleet,

I'm really keen to give this Commendation a go. It requires the completion of Borg Disconnected Elite with a full fleet team. I've run this mission a lot on Advanced and would love to see if we can get a team together to tackle the Elite version.

(It's going to require a fairly well-equipped team I think, with a decent team strategy).

I'm normally online around 8pm Pacific, so if anyone else is keen, let me know and we'll see what shenanigans we can get up to with those pesky Borg Borg

MGE Live Long and Prosper

(09-13-2016, 06:48 PM)Mikegolfecho Wrote: Morning Fleet,

I'm really keen to give this Commendation a go. It requires the completion of Borg Disconnected Elite with a full fleet team. I've run this mission a lot on Advanced and would love to see if we can get a team together to tackle the Elite version.

(It's going to require a fairly well-equipped team I think, with a decent team strategy).

I'm normally online around 8pm Pacific, so if anyone else is keen, let me know and we'll see what shenanigans we can get up to with those pesky Borg Borg

MGE Live Long and Prosper

I'M IN! May the halls of the Great houses be filled with the stories of our glorious rides to Stovokor! QAPLA!

Seriously though, with my 3 nullifiers making me pretty stealthy, I'm sure I could net a few extra rescues for bonus points while the others draw fire, which is the name of the game afterall... it's the bosses round that'll be the bitch to complete.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
I will go for it too
We did a (brief) run last night and it didn't go too well. But practice makes perfect!

I've done some research and found these tips which are better than anything I could've cobbled together (from "lowlifecat" on Reddit). Feel free to add any of your own though.

Here are some tips:
  • There are 3 spawn areas, the team will need to split 2 left, 1 middle, 2 right.
  • The two on the left and the right will need to decide on roles. 1 person will need to grab and hold aggro and the second person will need to focus solely on closing rifts and saving the liberated borg ships.
  • The one person in the middle should be in a carrier, let their pets deal with the aggro while they focus solely on freeing ships.
During the 3rd phase when the Voth show up there will be Voth Borg Killer frigates that shoot Borg Killer Torpedoes. there are a few ways to deal with this:
  • Kill the Borg Killer Ship quickly
  • Fly directly into the torpedo to destroy it
  • Use Tractor Beam Repulsors with the reversal doff to pull the torpedoes to you (it's get destroyed when it impacts your ship).
  • If you can free the liberated borg ships fast enough, ignore the borg killer torpedoes. at this point they can help you against the normal bad borg.
Last phase with the 3 dreadnoughts:
  • Bring the Voth dread health down to very low (5-10%) then switch to the Undine Dread.
  • Constantly use Grav Wells and TBR pulls to keep the Undine dread near the other dreads, it will try and run away, if you don't CC it then you will find it sitting 30KM away laughing at you.
  • Kill the Undine, switch back to finish off the Voth, the focus the Queen.

I might add that when the Undine show up, we can keep a distance and let the Borg and Undine kill each other. Avoid engaging and just focus on the disconnected ships.

This is one I'm sure we can crack with some team work and perseverance! Any other hints/advice greatly appreciated Smile

(09-14-2016, 04:21 PM)Mikegolfecho Wrote: We did a (brief) run last night and it didn't go too well. But practice makes perfect!

I've done some research and found these tips which are better than anything I could've cobbled together (from "lowlifecat" on Reddit). Feel free to add any of your own though.

Here are some tips:
  • There are 3 spawn areas, the team will need to split 2 left, 1 middle, 2 right.
  • The two on the left and the right will need to decide on roles. 1 person will need to grab and hold aggro and the second person will need to focus solely on closing rifts and saving the liberated borg ships.
  • The one person in the middle should be in a carrier, let their pets deal with the aggro while they focus solely on freeing ships.
During the 3rd phase when the Voth show up there will be Voth Borg Killer frigates that shoot Borg Killer Torpedoes. there are a few ways to deal with this:
  • Kill the Borg Killer Ship quickly
  • Fly directly into the torpedo to destroy it
  • Use Tractor Beam Repulsors with the reversal doff to pull the torpedoes to you (it's get destroyed when it impacts your ship).
  • If you can free the liberated borg ships fast enough, ignore the borg killer torpedoes. at this point they can help you against the normal bad borg.
Last phase with the 3 dreadnoughts:
  • Bring the Voth dread health down to very low (5-10%) then switch to the Undine Dread.
  • Constantly use Grav Wells and TBR pulls to keep the Undine dread near the other dreads, it will try and run away, if you don't CC it then you will find it sitting 30KM away laughing at you.
  • Kill the Undine, switch back to finish off the Voth, the focus the Queen.

I might add that when the Undine show up, we can keep a distance and let the Borg and Undine kill each other. Avoid engaging and just focus on the disconnected ships.

This is one I'm sure we can crack with some team work and perseverance! Any other hints/advice greatly appreciated Smile

whoever's got the most dps should be in the middle if we can't find a carrier tank. the scorpion fighters that can be put in the device slot and the extra backup from the romulan reputation consumables will come in handy there too.
I was getting much more done with evade and save on the second scene when I switched zones than I was able to do in the center on my own. I may be able to carry the center alone on regular, but i'll not be going into a zone alone for elite.

The team needs to have three tanks and two stealths (not so much cloak just low signature). The tanks should have amplifiers so they draw all the attention, while the stealths have nullifiers so they can stay at full impulse evading in tight 30*/s turns or hide behind obstructions to save the disconnected.
[Image: akimalyn2380_13732.jpg?d=1486457680]
Good thinking, I forgot about the Rom Rep disposables as I never use them, the Scorpion Fighters is another good idea.

Maybe we should try another practice tonight? I'm also ok handling the center solo if needs be. I think the tanks should also have Threatening Stance on, while the 'Stealths' don't.

What timeframes are you doing this usually? I think my Paradox Tank could be of help.
I want to try out the Rom Rep items at some point. I need to make them first. The scorpians do help a little bit.
We'd appreciate any and all help!

TP, we're usually on at between 8-10pm Pacific time. I know EchoJuliette is keen too.

(09-16-2016, 06:57 PM)Mikegolfecho Wrote: We'd appreciate any and all help!

TP, we're usually on at between 8-10pm Pacific time. I know EchoJuliette is keen too.
Damn, too early in the morning for me as I am on CET/CEST. Big Grin