The Official "Kill All The Annoying NPCs" Foundry Mission
Jolan Tru everyone,

Last night a few of us (@chelly#7549 @hyperluminal, TP, and me) got to talking about annoying NPCs, especially those who did not get killed in the course of STO's story missions.  Just about every player in the game has that one NPC who, for whatever reason, causes their blood to boil. That got us thinking, what if there was a mission - located deep in the morbid, depraved, abyss of the Foundry - solely dedicated to killing these NPCs? We figured one of the Foundry savvy members of STOA could devise such a mission, thus finally reliving us of the desire to silence once and for all the voices of the most annoying NPCs in the game?

Here's a brief list we created of NPCs we would like to see in this mission:

-Captain James Kurland
-Qwen
-Holiday Item Vendor
-Captain Kagan
-Noye
-Commander Mesi Achebe
-Neelix
-Slamek
-Tovan Khev
-Cassidy (Hot, sour, a little pick-me-up, stemmed glass, a drop of honey)
-LCDR Kyla VanZyl
-Mirror Leeta

If we missed your favorite (least favorite) NPC please comment below!
Okay, I checked the NPC Contact list in the Foundry. Here are the results:
  • Capt. James Kurland (available in two Mirror versions though)
  • Qwen / Holiday Item Vendor (however there are three Ferengi who could take their places)
  • Capt. Kagran
  • Noye
  • Cmdr. Mesi Achebe
  • Neelix (however countless Talaxians to fill his place)
  • Slamek
  • Tovan Khev (as a BOFF, is he technically a NPC?)
  • Cassidy
  • Lt.Cmdr. Kyla VanZyl
  • Mirror Leeta
Now of course you could painstakingly try to recreate the missing characters, but that's where the Foundry EULA kinda puts you in your place for the most part. So, I wouldn't risk getting banned over this.
(07-13-2016, 10:05 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: Okay, I checked the NPC Contact list in the Foundry. Here are the results:
  • Capt. James Kurland (available in two Mirror versions though)
  • Qwen / Holiday Item Vendor (however there are three Ferengi who could take their places)
  • Capt. Kagran
  • Noye
  • Cmdr. Mesi Achebe
  • Neelix (however countless Talaxians to fill his place)
  • Slamek
  • Tovan Khev (as a BOFF, is he technically a NPC?)
  • Cassidy
  • Lt.Cmdr. Kyla VanZyl
  • Mirror Leeta
Good point about Tovan Khev. I would say he is technically an NPC by definition, but there are some aspects the player can control, like movememt, Boff abilities, etc.

Thanks for checking the foundry, and yes, we definitely would not want anyone to get banned citing EULA terms...

Perhaps, someday, we can dream of finally putting some of these characters to rest.  After doing "Boldly they Rode" on four of my toons this week I'm hearing "Kurland Here!" in my sleep...  Undecided