South Carolina AME Terrorism
First of all my condolences to the people who were shot at the AME church. 

Its rather sad that I used to live in the two most recent volitile areas in the USA due to racial tensions. 
When Baltimore descended into chaos I was rather disappointed and sad, although I only lived there for the first 5 years of my life. Confused

When Charleston massacre appeared on BBC news the other morning I was shocked and at a loss for words.  Sad
When I later found out the exact location of the shooting, I was even more shocked- it was 5 minutes away down the street from my last school. 

Over across the pond, here there is comparatively negligible gun crime. All guns are officially banned in the UK, and even normal police (apart from SO17 by Parliament) do not carry guns, just buttons and handcuffs. You hardly ever hear any stories of mass shootings here. In comparison it seems that every month we get another story of a US mass shooting or some racial hate crime ( back to back weeks of that with the Texas police officer last week).

The question is why do we Americans need to carry guns. I realize that it is a huge part of are national history and in the US constitution. However that law was used when the USA was heading into the unknown wilderness towards the west. In the 21st Century that law is being abused. At least ban the automatic and semi-automatic rifles and guns, no one can justify the need for one's defense with weapons of potential mass shootings, just a handgun would suffice for the poor and outdated argument of the need for guns for one's defence. In the UK it has become a constant question to ask Americans about- why don't you ban guns. If only we had done so sooner. 

AAAICT

Messages In This Thread
South Carolina AME Terrorism - by puckalish - 06-20-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: South Carolina AME Terrorism - by GThibaudeau - 06-20-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: South Carolina AME Terrorism - by aaaict - 06-21-2015, 05:25 PM