Cycling
Sweet! I thought it was gonna be crickets in here, lol

Shoot, 60km... yeah, not sure I'd be game for more than two hours of cycling before work every day... that said, I have heard of folks with similar commutes staggering it (only once or twice a week or driving in, biking home, biking in, driving home, etc.), but not on mountain bikes. As a NYer, that kind of commute does sound ridiculous, though... my parents live two counties away and they're closer than that!

That's awesome that you're getting your 3-year-old into riding already... One of my high school buddies actually runs a family-oriented bike shop just over the border from you (Seattle)... among other things, he loves those run-bikes for kids (as well as those family-oriented cargo bikes and so on)... and is something of an evangelist for safe, effective, and fun family cycling. (http://familycyclery.com/)

Unfortunately, I don't get too much off-roading done, mostly sticking to the city riding and longer jaunts to see family and stuff... On my old bike, it wasn't really an option, but now, with this cyclocross ride and the weather turning better, maybe I should hit up some local trails (though I'm pretty sure all the terrain out here on the east coast would look pretty flat to someone from BC, lol)...

Messages In This Thread
Cycling - by puckalish - 06-14-2015, 08:18 PM
RE: Cycling - by Marin - 06-29-2015, 11:05 PM
RE: Cycling - by puckalish - 06-30-2015, 01:57 PM