STO Academy Forum
Discussion about Mark earning strategy for upcoming T6 reputation - Printable Version

+- STO Academy Forum (http://forum.stoacademy.com)
+-- Forum: Star Trek Online (http://forum.stoacademy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: STO Discussions (http://forum.stoacademy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Discussion about Mark earning strategy for upcoming T6 reputation (/showthread.php?tid=5437)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Discussion about Mark earning strategy for upcoming T6 reputation - TacPaddy - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 03:45 PM)Attilio Wrote: Sorry, I mean how long to get the full 900 needed.
About two weeks. Depending, if you use Rep Mark boosters or not. Of course, it will be faster, if you have time to focus on reputations one at a time.

However, this strategy served me well and I got mostly 1,200 Marks per Rep now except for the Gamma Task Force (needed to complete other rep projects there first).

Btw, if you want to claim all extra benefits at Tier 6, then you actually need 1405 Marks.

RE: Discussion about Mark earning strategy for upcoming T6 reputation - Attilio - 10-05-2018

Two weeks! If I were you I would definitely add Dyson ground as an alternate option. Just a suggestion but I think people should be well informed.

RE: Discussion about Mark earning strategy for upcoming T6 reputation - TacPaddy - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 04:34 PM)Attilio Wrote: Two weeks! If I were you I would definitely add Dyson ground as an alternate option. Just a suggestion but I think people should be well informed.
For the n-th time, the strategy was meant to get the daily bonuses of ALL reputations in one go in the shortest possible time. But you what? Since Cryptic is going to rob us of the Red Alerts, there is no point anymore. So I won't pursue this any further.

RE: Discussion about Mark earning strategy for upcoming T6 reputation - Attilio - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 05:30 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: For the n-th time, the strategy was meant to get the daily bonuses of ALL reputations in one go in the shortest possible time. But you what? Since Cryptic is going to rob us of the Red Alerts, there is no point anymore. So I won't pursue this any further.

One of us is not understanding. You have a list of each mark type with how to get what's need. You just said that the space sphere takes weeks to earn enough for Dyson. I told you that voth ground takes a few days. How is a few weeks shorter than a few days?

Also, watch your tone. "I won't pursue this any further" is not the proper response when someone is trying to help and discuss. Ideas are improved through discussion and explanation.

You know, I could go into details and explain myself, but I am tired of that. The opening post has all the details.

RE: Discussion about Mark earning strategy for upcoming T6 reputation - roughrider1988 - 10-09-2018

(09-20-2018, 11:41 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: So we learned that the Tier 6 of reputations is unlocked at 250,000 reputation XP. In the best case scenario, we need 900 Marks per reputation.

If you are a completionist like me, then this means some serious work. If you want to do this on multiple toons, then we need a way to earn them quickly.

Please note that this thread it not a discussion thread about the Tier 6 Reputation in general. That thread is here. This thread is a discussion thread on finding the most efficient way to earn marks (incl. the daily bonus) for all reputations quickly, while assuming that there are no events to benefit from (Worst Case grind).

So here is, what I think is the most efficient way to do so. But before you start, head over to the Badlands Space Battle Zone before you start, but do not enter the Zone.

EDIT: The procedure listed below becomes unfeasible with the removal of the Red Alerts, as they becoming a special Weekend event.

1. Omega Marks:
    Join a Borg Red Alert. Upon completion do not choose "Depart System", choose "Continue exploring" instead and then click on the yellow button saying "Leave Map" to return to your actual last position in Sector Space.
  2. Lukari Marks:
    Join a Tholian Red Alert. Upon completion do not choose "Depart System", choose "Continue exploring" instead and then click on the yellow button saying "Leave Map" to return to your actual last position in Sector Space.
  3. Nukara Marks:
    Join a Crystalline Catastrophe.  Upon completion do not choose "Depart System", choose "Continue exploring" instead and then click on the yellow button saying "Leave Map" to return to your actual last position in Sector Space.
  4. Terran / Temporal Marks:
    Now go to the Badlands Space Battle Zones and secure one Control point or kill a spawned Mirror Starbase. Personally, I go after the Plasma Control Stations. I feel like those are the easiest one.
    NOTE: On rare occasions you do not get both kinds of Marks. In that case, simply secure another Control point.
  5. Gamma Marks:
    Pick up a Queue from the Gamma Quadrant Sector Space Battle Zone or alternatively queue for a "Swarm".
  6. Dyson Marks:
    Transwarp to "Sphere Space -Allied Zone" to go to the Solanae Dyson Sphere.  Hail Dyson Joint Command and pick up the "Allied Zone - Joint Command" mission.
  7. Undine Marks:
    Go to the Undine Space Battle Zone and secure a Control point or kill a Planet Killer. Personally, I go after the ones with the Klingon Weapons. I feel like those are the easiest ones.
  8. Romulan Marks:
    Return to the Beta Quadrant and do the Jouret System Patrol. It is practically on top of the Iconian Gateway.
  9. Delta & Iconian Marks:
    Go to Kobali Prime in the Delta Quadrant. Replay the Act III episode "Breaking the Wall". Alternatively, you can also do "With Our Last Breath". However, in order to get to that one, you need to go through "Breaking the Wall" anyway. In the end it doesn't matter as both replays grant you the Marks.
  10. Competitive Marks:
    Queue again for Borg, Tholian and/or Tzenkethi Red Alert and do the first one available.
This approach took me about 45 - 60 minutes. It supplied me with enough Marks to do two daily projects per reputation in a row. In the Nukara reputation, I have even enough for four projects in a row.

Do you know of a more efficient way? Let me know and I may adjust this list.

for the Romulan rep did you consider the New Romulus staging area daily? 100+ marks and 1k+ dil for completion each day.

RE: Discussion about Mark earning strategy for upcoming T6 reputation - TacPaddy - 10-09-2018

Nope. Objective is to get the daily for all reputations as fast as possible. Staging Area takes too long. The Jouret system patrol is faster done and practically on top of the Iconian Gateway.

But as previously stated (and quoted by you), this strategy in its whole is useless now that the Red Alerts are gone.