STO Academy Forum
gamecrash - Printable Version

+- STO Academy Forum (http://forum.stoacademy.com)
+-- Forum: Star Trek Online (http://forum.stoacademy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: STO Discussions (http://forum.stoacademy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: gamecrash (/showthread.php?tid=5156)

gamecrash - timverbesselt - 05-21-2018

Hi,

Is this a problem that happend to others or is it just me?
I have played this game for years now and now or a few weeks the game goes black after I'm logged in for a while.
The only thing I can do is restart the pc.
I do hear ingame sounds when the screen is black ...

RE: gamecrash - MichaelGill - 05-21-2018

I've never seen that happen. Mine crashed in the middle of a mission over the weekend. First time ever since I started playing several years ago. I did a "force verify" on the files and it seems fine now. You could give that a try. It only takes a short time to complete.

RE: gamecrash - timverbesselt - 05-21-2018

how do I do that?
My gamecrash occurs mostly in the middle of a mission or map transfer

just tried force verify, started the game again, flew to a starbase, entered it and walked around, after a few minutes black screen.
I also tried to install dx9 as troubleshooting of cryptic suggests and tried to start the game in 32bit mode.

I also had to do that. I forgot to mention it because I forgot. I also know they have been having Nvidia driver issues with certain OS versions. That could be something to check into.

and what issues are that? cause it is a Nvidea card running on win10
Next I tried was focng the dx9 to the game command line: -d3d9 and redused graphics ingae.
I can play for a while but still it shuts down after a while.
Now I watched what happens after the screen goes black and  I see its just the monito that is shutting down and wont get back up, still have to do a hard reset to go on the pc again.

I am not sure exactly what the issue is but it was Windows 10 that was having the problem. I personally didn't experience it because I run Windows 7. Hopefully someone who went through and resolved the issue will read this post and be able to direct you on a solution. I have heard people discussing it and I believe there is a fix.

RE: gamecrash - warrynnpeese0791 - 05-22-2018

(05-21-2018, 10:01 AM)timverbesselt Wrote: Hi,

Is this a problem that happend to others or is it just me?
I have played this game for years now and now or a few weeks the game goes black after I'm logged in for a while.
The only thing I can do is restart the pc.
I do hear ingame sounds when the screen is black ...
Been having the exact same problem accepted mine will shut completely out (including Arc). I'm anticipating that it's most likely due to the new expansion coming out (and all of the work that's being done to prepare for that- the last expansion had caused similar problems when the revamp was taking place).

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk