STO Academy Forum
A shuttle bay/hanger bay and secondary crew deck...? - Printable Version

+- STO Academy Forum (http://forum.stoacademy.com)
+-- Forum: Star Trek Online (http://forum.stoacademy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: STO Discussions (http://forum.stoacademy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: A shuttle bay/hanger bay and secondary crew deck...? (/showthread.php?tid=4885)

Pages: 1 2

A shuttle bay/hanger bay and secondary crew deck...? - warrynnpeese0791 - 12-10-2017

I wish there were an option to buy (or build using duty officer assignments) a shuttle bay/hanger bay- if the ship has hanger pets, so when you "visit starship bridge" you can take the turbolift to the shuttle bay/hanger bay and walk onto the bridge of the "small craft" you have, (and also see the "hanger pets" you're using waiting to be launched, or being maintained by mechanics and engineers, that would be cool!).... another option would be to buy/build-by-DOff a second crew deck that would come with a "10 Forward" style lounge, and an option to do DOff assignments to build a holodeck, (and have DOff assignments that would "unlock" certain holodeck training simulations and entertainment programs).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

RE: A shuttle bay/hanger bay and secondary crew deck...? - Trudard - 12-10-2017

It would be nice to walk throughout the ships but I guess it would take a lot of hours to script all that Sad

RE: A shuttle bay/hanger bay and secondary crew deck...? - Akimalyn2380 - 12-10-2017

There's been a longing for that for as long as I've been playing. But the time and payroll needed to do such things have to be the reason they haven't done more interiors outside of the bridge like they did for the Intrepid upgrade set and AOY/Connie. 

There should at least be a head on every interior- surely they can't hold it in forever like a liberated borg with an internal recycling unit! Tongue

RE: A shuttle bay/hanger bay and secondary crew deck...? - TacPaddy - 12-10-2017

I'd be happy, IF they would finall add the ability to display trophies in the romulan interior.

RE: A shuttle bay/hanger bay and secondary crew deck...? - James - 12-10-2017

I would be happy if they let us create our own bridges/decks on the foundry - but alas as has been mentioned, money/payroll/etc etc

RE: A shuttle bay/hanger bay and secondary crew deck...? - warrynnpeese0791 - 12-10-2017

(12-10-2017, 11:21 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: I'd be happy, IF they would finall add the ability to display trophies in the romulan interior.
AND...have more than just "that one bridge" (and I wouldn't mind seeing a singularity core spinning around on an engineering deck, either)....it's as if the Borg have a higher aptitude for interior ship design varieties!

RE: A shuttle bay/hanger bay and secondary crew deck...? - TacPaddy - 12-10-2017

(12-10-2017, 04:21 PM)warrynnpeese0791 Wrote: AND...have more than just "that one bridge" (and I wouldn't mind seeing a singularity core spinning around on an engineering deck, either)....it's as if the Borg have a higher aptitude for interior ship design varieties!

Dude, there is an Engineering Deck with a spinning Singularity Core. Smile

sent from TP's Communicator

RE: A shuttle bay/hanger bay and secondary crew deck...? - warrynnpeese0791 - 12-10-2017

(12-10-2017, 12:53 PM)James Wrote: I would be happy if they let us create our own bridges/decks on the foundry - but alas as has been mentioned, money/payroll/etc etc
Yeah, I'm with you there because it would also give devs a chance to see new ideas for future ships and designs. I want to actually see someone else's take on an Aquarius bridge design (don't get me wrong, I like the current design...that's the third reason I got the Oddy set, just wish there was another Aquarius style bridge variant).

(12-10-2017, 11:16 AM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: There's been a longing for that for as long as I've been playing. But the time and payroll needed to do such things have to be the reason they haven't done more interiors outside of the bridge like they did for the Intrepid upgrade set and AOY/Connie. 

There should at least be a head on every interior- surely they can't hold it in forever like a liberated borg with an internal recycling unit!
Strange, right? (If they had a way to pull off this idea, they could EASILY make $ from the new implemented system by coming up with stuff like "specialized DOff packs" that feature the unique R&D material needed for those that want to "build" their holodecks and 10 Forward lounge...this idea came up when the Colony holding was created, because I also thought of how cool it would be to also slot fleet projects that involved building the Armada's/Fleet's flagship (and plus they could rake in $$ from players buying the second crew deck and shuttle/hanger bay deck from the c-store, as well as the "specialized DOff packs). I'm hoping they can pull something like this off within the next two seasons..or at least let us create this ourselves the same way we can create foundry missions.

(12-10-2017, 04:23 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: Dude, there is an Engineering Deck with a spinning Singularity Core. Smile

sent from TP's Communicator
"Whaaaa.....? (You mean to tell me they put an engineering deck on this thing?)" Wink