STO Academy Forum
Trained skills missing. - Printable Version

+- STO Academy Forum (http://forum.stoacademy.com)
+-- Forum: Star Trek Online (http://forum.stoacademy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: STO Discussions (http://forum.stoacademy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Trained skills missing. (/showthread.php?tid=4727)

Trained skills missing. - MichaelGill - 10-02-2017

I have found after training my Boffs and equipping the skill that when I go the skill tray that they are not always available. Any one out there know what causes this and how it can be corrected?

RE: Trained skills missing. - Attilio - 10-02-2017

Press 'P' (I think that's the shortcut key) it should be listed in there. Just drag/drop to the tray.

RE: Trained skills missing. - MichaelGill - 10-02-2017

(10-02-2017, 04:45 PM)Attilio Wrote: Press 'P' (I think that's the shortcut key) it should be listed in there. Just drag/drop to the tray.

I have access to the available skill window. What's happening is after training a BOFF and equipping the skill in the character window, I go to the skill tray and open the window of available skills and it's not there. Is there some kind of system in place that prioritizes what's available there preventing them from showing?

RE: Trained skills missing. - Attilio - 10-02-2017

I never experienced that.

Two suggestions. First, just make sure the skill is active. Meaning it's listed as one of the four skills at the top. Second, either change instances or go to a different map.

(10-02-2017, 05:17 PM)Attilio Wrote: I never experienced that.

Two suggestions. First, just make sure the skill is active. Meaning it's listed as one of the four skills at the top. Second, either change instances or go to a different map.

I have equipped them in the appropriate slot and I have went as far as logging out/in to see if this would set the skill. Nothing seems to work. Maybe I have a bug. I will need to forward this to customer support I believe. Thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated. Happy

RE: Trained skills missing. - TacPaddy - 10-02-2017

You may need to define the abilities of your BOFF a second time when assigned to your ship. The defaults are not always taken over to the ship. That may be the reason as to why they are not showing up, when you want to assign them to your Skill Tray.

(10-02-2017, 05:53 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: You may need to define the abilities of your BOFF a second time when assigned to your ship. The defaults are not always taken over to the ship. That may be the reason as to why they are not showing up, when you want to assign them to your Skill Tray.

I did recently change to a new ship. I will go through the process again tonight and see what the result is. Thanks TP.

RE: Trained skills missing. - mophorex - 10-10-2017

(10-02-2017, 10:31 AM)MichaelGill Wrote: I have found after training my Boffs and equipping the skill that when I go the skill tray that they are not always available. Any one out there know what causes this and how it can be corrected?

This was driving me crazy too.

Any time you make a change-Space equipment, Ground equipment, Traits, etc... You have to go to your ship tab and save your profile.

It can be annoying, but less annoying than having to re-do everything.

I haven't had any issues since I started doing this.

RE: Trained skills missing. - MichaelGill - 10-10-2017

I always save my loadouts. Thats not the issue I am having. When I aquire/craft new manuals and train my Boffs, then equip thier new skill, it doesn't show up in my available skills for the space or ground trays. I still haven't figured this one out.